We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

Save Topic
College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

Any recommendations on things to do mainly bars/ club scenes/ beach etc but site seeing safe areas nothing risky AT ALL fun fun fun before I start last semester of college in the states ... also plan to visit Jerusalem!!! THANKS ahead of time for your help this is my first time being the planner

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,939 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

Israel is safe everywhere, unless you do extreme sports such as repelling, diving into unknown waters, parachuting out of a plane and parasailing. There is plenty else to do without these. I cannot recommend the night scene which is pretty good in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. But if you are already coming to visit Israel why not see some of the sites. You can get around on public transporation just about anywhere. Since you are here for a week only I suggest traveling up the coast and visiting Caesarea and Akko (can be done by train) for two days. You can stay in a youth hostel in the north. Then go to Jerusalem and stay the rest of your time there. From Jerusalem visit the Dead Sea including Masada and Ein Gedi (best done with a guided tour but can be done on public transporation). When in Jerusalem visit the City of David, Tunnel Tours (try to get an appointment now and work your visit around the appointment) Western Wall, Yad Vashem and the New Israel Museum.

If you need more specifics come back to the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Enjoy your visit!

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

First off - Israel is safe. Tel Aviv, the nightlife, tourist and historic sites - you have nothing to worry about.

I would suggest you stay in Tel Aviv. You can enjoy the nightlife there which is plentiful. The Tel Aviv beaches were just rated among the world's ten best beaches by the National Geographic.

You can use Tel Aviv as a base and still add sightseeing to the nightlife. Plenty of options for day trips - either up the coast as Chana suggested, or hop over to Jerusalem to see some of the sites and then head back to Jerusalem for the night scene.

Have fun!!!!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

Take a look at Lonely Planet's website and travel forums. They are more geared to the young and carefree and you might get more info there.

Save Reply
4. Re: College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

Thanks I'll be in ta staying at Renaissance

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

You're in luck:

http://www.last.fm/event/1558944+Heineken+Music+Conference

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

Here's a link to all the activities going on in Jerusalem during your stay.

…muni.il/jer_sys/…summer2010_eng.html

7. Re: College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 21:35
8. Re: College student coming on Aug 25th for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2011, 07:21