We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Europe to Tel Aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from Europe to Tel Aviv

I traveled to Israel at the start of the year and absolutely loved it, but it was very hard trying to find a cheap flight to Israel from Europe. In the end I found the perfect flight, but one week beforehand the airline canceled the route and I had to fly 8 hours out of my way with a 13 hour lay over to get there!

I'm trying to book flights to visit once again and am looking for suggestions for a cheap airline/route that flies from Europe?

I've looked at various options such as Aegean Air flying from Athens or Czech Air flying from Prague, but was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? I don't really mind where it flies from, but the cheaper the better!!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,609 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Europe to Tel Aviv

I see that you are from Australia and am assuming that you will be in Europe before arriving in Israel. If not you might want to fly via Amman on Royal Jordanian or Uzbekistan Air, both of which fly to Israel in combination Qantas. In Europe there is a discount airline called EasyJet that just started flying from London. You can also try Malev and Aerosvit which have low fares from Europe.

Chana

Israel

Edited: 19 September 2010, 08:09
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Europe to Tel Aviv

Try www.flycheapo.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Europe to Tel Aviv

Easy Jet from London Luton to Tel Aviv.. I just paid £130 return but you have to be flexible on dates to achieve a price that low

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from Europe to Tel Aviv

I have found London to be the best gateway to Europe and the middle east. British airways easy jet and el al all fly nonstop from London to tel aviv and the prices are much better than from other cities in europe

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from Europe to Tel Aviv

From Europe you can catch low-cost flights.

UK -London (luton) - easyjet

UK - Manchester - Jet2

Germany - (Berlin and other cities) - Airberlin

Germany - GermanWings (Frankfurt)

Switzerland - Geneva/Bazel - easyjet

I think if you will book your flight with Lufthansa directly from Australia it will be cheaper.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying from Europe to Tel Aviv

thanks everyone for your replies!! i've found a reasonable flight with malev!!

7. Re: Flying from Europe to Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 04:17