We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel Visa

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Israel Visa

Hi all,

We will be doing tour of Israel,Egypt and Jordan over Christmas and New year, Israel being the first country. Have been given information from the tour company to request immigration officials to stamp a separate paper and not our passports with Israel visa.Just wondering if this will be a problem as I would not like to be offensive? Also if they do stamp our passports will we be able to continue on to Egypt and Israel?

Thanks for your help

Jac

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel Visa

Egypt and Jordan are the 2 only Arab states rhat you can enter with an Israeli visa stamp in your passport. But you can always ask that your passport will not be stamp and get a seperate document with the visa stamp. Ask for that before you give the passport because they tend to be very fast with the stamping,,,

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,217 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel Visa

motibt's information is accurate - but since your trip is only to Israel, Eqypt and Jordan there is no reason for your passport not to be stamped. Seems a bit odd of your tour company to suggest this.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel Visa

Thanks for the quick replies.

Our passports have only recently been renewed so who knows where we may travel in the coming years :-)

I did think it was a bit strange but thought that there may have been some issues.

Do the immigration officials mind being asked to stamp a separate paper?

So looking forward to spending time in Israel would hate to offend.

Jac

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,217 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel Visa

Israel is well aware of the fact that many countries in the world refuse to accept our existence and therefore "punish" travelers who have been to Israel.

Israel has a clear-cut, set policy allowing for entry and exit stamps and visas to be stamped on a separate form and not in your passport. However, as motibt noted, it would be best if you requested this before you handed over your passport as many clerks will just stamp automatically. This should not be a problem for you and will not offend anyone. You may be asked why you are requesting this. Usually, if you tell them you are planning a trip in the future to a country that chooses to deny us, that should be enough.

If it doesn't work out - it's still not a big deal to get new passports if the need arises.

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
526 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel Visa

From the sources I've read, it may be a bit of an exaggeration to say that Egypt and Jordan are the only two Arab countries which will let you in with an Israeli entry stamp:

askmisstravel.com/2008/…

and

…wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Countries_that_reje…

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel Visa

Thanks so much for your help.

This forum is great!

Cheers Jac

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel Visa

Agree with lebelgo - Egypt and Jordan are by no means the only Arab countries that accept travelers with an Israeli stamp. They are also not the only Arab countries that accept travelers with an Israeli passport.

The wikipedia list that lebelgo included is the probably one of the better lists of which countries do not accept Israeli passports, and the other link is also useful.

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
526 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel Visa

I don't think most travelers need to worry too much about Israeli visas being stamped in their passports. I would probably worry more about having your passport stamped with visas from countries which won't let you in if they have evidence you've been to Israel. Although they have a number of interesting sites to see, I don't exactly have Syria, Lebanon, Iran, or Libya high on my "must-see" list. If I had such stamps in my passport, I wouldn't be surprised if I had to provide detailed explanations of my trip, whom I saw, and so forth. I'm also a member of the US's "Trusted Travler" program which lets me bypass immigration lines at most US International airports. I have a good feeling that visits to Syria, Lebanon, Iran, or Libya would get me kicked out of that program.

9. Re: Israel Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 05:16