We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring weather in Tel Aviv

Canton of Geneva...
Level Contributor
19 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
Spring weather in Tel Aviv

Hello all.

I'm trying to plan a trip to Tel Aviv (and also Jerusalem) and am wondering what the weather in late March/April will be like? It would be nice to be able to swim in the sea and spend some time on the beach (but this isn't a priority) but I want to avoid the very hot weather of the summer months hence my decision to travel in spring. In general I'm not really travelling to Tel Aviv for a beach holiday but I would like to have sunny, warm, dry weather that is conducive to walking around the city and generally spending time outdoors in the street, eating outdoors at cafes etc if at all possible and perhaps also going to the beach/parks . Would the weather in March be suitable for these sort of activities? And if you had to choose between March/April/May for this sort of holiday in Tel Aviv, which month would you recommend? Is spring weather in Tel Aviv similar to southern Europe (such as Southern Portugal for example)? Many thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Europe
Europe
World
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,718 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring weather in Tel Aviv

Unfortunatley we can totally anticipate the weather at the end of March and start of April. March can still be cold 50F/12C, rainy and windy which would not allow you to have a pleasant visit to the beach. However, it could be warmer and sunny. What it most likely won't be is unbearably hot. However, during the spring we do tend to have heat waves called Sharav where there is a very hot dry SE wind which dries out everything and warms the air. The sea will not warm until June or so and I personally would not recomend going swimming in March/April. In short the average temperature should be comfortable. It may rain but that will not put a damper on your plans and it shouldn't be too hot most of your visit.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring weather in Tel Aviv

As Chana said, March can be iffy - beautiful and sunny some days, cool and wet on others. In 2011, Passover (Pessach) is from the 18th to the 26th of April, and since this is high season with hotels at their most expensive, I would say that the 2nd half of April is not a good idea.

If I had to choose between March, April or May, I would go with early May. If that doesn't work out for you, then the 1st half of April is better than March.

Edited: 13 October 2010, 22:12
Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring weather in Tel Aviv

I agree with the previous posters. If I had to choose I would also go for May to visit Israel. Though swimming or hanging in the beach may be not an option in March it doesn't mean that you can't do other things.... the weather in Israel is very not typical European and you can have a perfect vacation all year long.

the only difference is that if you want a sunny beach vacation then it is not advisable to travel Israel in March.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Canton of Geneva...
Level Contributor
19 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring weather in Tel Aviv

Thanks to everybody for your advice. I think May might be the best month for my trip as it wouldn't be too hot yet but hopefully I could enjoy the beach and being outdoors. Many thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,072 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring weather in Tel Aviv

I have been twice in May, and it was PERFECT. Absolutely a great time to go.

Douglas Duckett

6. Re: Spring weather in Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2011, 05:16