We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early morning in Tel Aviv

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
early morning in Tel Aviv

We arrive in Israel early morning, really early (around 3 or 4 am). From the airport, we are renting a car and driving into Tel Aviv/Yafo. Anyone know of any good place to hang out that early in the morning or somewhere we can get a good breakfast that early? We need to kill some time until 8 am or so.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

There is a restaurant called "Benedict" this restaurant is open 24/7 and specialized in serving breakfast all day long... even if you will go there in the middle of the night they will greeting you with "Good Morning" :)

The restaurant is located on 29 Rotshild St, another branch is at 171 Ben Yehuda st.

You can read TA reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293984-d8…

Another information can be found here:

telavivguide.net/Restaurants/…

Edited: 05 November 2010, 11:19
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

Benedict is a great idea. You can find parking there too in the early morning. Pay attention though that from 0700 and on you have to get a prepaid parking ticket. Ask the waiters. other nice places are Nona and Brasserie on Ibn Gvirol, near Rabin Square. But "Benedict" is the best.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
39,231 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

Why are you renting a car to stay in Tel Aviv? Do you realize that looking for everyday parking is going to be a whole new experience ( enhanced by the traffic jam adventures) Many many areas of Tel Aviv have street parking for residents only. ( signs indicating such are only in Hebrew!) Residents have stickers on their cars, you'll have a ticket on yours as indication you were in such an area.

Seriously, while we recommend renting cars for most of israel, Jerusalem and Tel Aviv are the two areas where we usually do not recommend car rentals.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

Thanks for all your input! Hamon Toda! I'll definitely look up Benedict. We are renting a car because we'll be traveling all over Israel. We are staying in Tel Aviv only for a day or two. Thanks for tip.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

Parking in Tel-Aviv is a problem. If you are staying overnight in the city it is imperative that you find a hotel that provides parking. When you arrive in the city from the airport I suggest that you look for a parking lot and not take your chances on the street as the signs that explain who can park where are rather complicated.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

Thanks for the tip. Speaking of parking, is there a parking garage and/or public parking near the beach/Yafo area? After breakfast at Benedict, we would like to stroll around old Yafo and/or the beach area.

San Juan...
Level Contributor
558 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

Some of these posts on parking remind me of when Yogi Berra said "Nobody goes there anymore...it's too crowded."

Well, like in any city, you have more traffic and limited parking, but thousands of Tel Aviv residents & visitors manage with it daily. Yes, it's best if you can find a hotel that has a lot or garage, but there are lots in key visitor areas like the Port, Jaffa, Nachalat Binyamin/Carmel Market, and others, so if you prefer to have the freedom of a car for your two days in Tel Aviv, you should not be scared off by some of these comments.

Mentioned in this post
Jaffa
Jaffa
Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,430 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

SparkOC:

We had a comment posted several months ago by someone who got a parking ticket; he parked on blue-and-white but since he couldn't read the signs he didn't realize that only residents could park on that side at that hour. I think he then wasted a few hours of his vacation trying to get the ticket cancelled at city hall (or maybe he just paid the ticket- about $40).

I never said that it was impossible to park. I only recommended that he look for a parking lot.

There is municipal lot at the start of Yehuda HaLevi, west of Allenby; it is one block over from Rothschild. There are also several lots in the Tel-Aviv port area

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

Thank you all 4 your input! I'll definitely watch out for parking signs and park in a public garage or lot.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,406 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: early morning in Tel Aviv

Along the promenade and Ha-Yarkon street are several big parking lots. I suppose that you can park near Bebedict (on the side walk, marked white & blue). After 0700 or 0800 you need a prepaid ticket. Drive to the beach and you will definitly find a parking lot to your liking. At this hour they'll be almost empty. There is a free and quite big one very near the Clock Tower on the right when you drive from Tel Aviv. There are parking lots but they cost money.

Mentioned in this post
Clock Tower
Clock Tower
298 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel