We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

I just found this video about TLV, is it really that fun ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEOcW1ahpGw

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

Not only is Tel Aviv fun, but everyone knows everyone, which makes it more fun. [And by the way, Benji Lovitt, who introduces the video, is a friend of mine :-) ]

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

Tel Aviv nightlife is one of the top in the world... Tel Aviv was rated as one of the best party cites of 2010.

jpost.com/LocalIsrael/…

In Israel we say... there is the state of Israel and the there is the state of Tel Aviv :)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,511 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

Danhadad, are you planning on visiting? Just curious about what led you to that video.

Yes, Tel Aviv is an amazing city. I find new things to see and do with every visit.

I'm just hoping this is a genuine inquiry and not an cleverly masked advertisement for the video.

Douglas Duckett

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

Douglas, considering that you can't see the names of any of the bars in the video, or any other names for that matter, I would find it hard to imagine anyone intending to get advertising from it....

San Juan...
Level Contributor
558 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

Why so surprised? A few hundred thousand Jews who know how to party? That's my town! Enjoy!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,511 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

Fair enough, Debi -- I had not even looked at it. Just the usual formula -- new member, first post, and instead of asking for information (the more common pattern), he is singing the praises of something. But it obviously may be perfectly legit, which is why I posed questions rather than jump to a conclusion.

Douglas Duckett

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,690 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

Interesting perspective of the partying that goes on every night in Tel Aviv. I should say though--that Tel Aviv is MORE than partying!

BTW I too frequently will write if I see a new poster appears to be advertising--HOWEVER, I never do so without following any and all provided links AND checking the person's profile. Sometimes the "new" poster has belonged for years--but they never poster--apparently just lurked!

8. Re: Tel Aviv is actually amazing,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2011, 06:17