We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Discounts

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Discounts

We will be in Tel Aviv for a weekend (Saturday and Sunday nights) in March. Extensively searching the net, I can not find anything other than rack rates. Where can I go to find discounts, coupons, weekend specials etc? I can't bring myself to pay rack rates.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Discounts

There is a holiday in the middle of March, on a weekend. When are you planning on going?

Around the middle of March starts the busy tourist season meaning less deals and coupons.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Discounts

March 26-28

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,362 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Discounts

The concept of not paying rack rate is not as much a part of Israel and it is in the US. Even discounts that are available are not going to be as dramatic as you find in the US for US hotels. That being said, Regent Tours--which is recommended by one poster here and which heavily advertises in the Jewish media in NYC may be able to get you some sort of discount.

http://www.regent.co.il/

click around the site for an 800 number and other information. --there is also an online reservation system for you to play with.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,348 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Discounts

I join in recommeding Regent Tours. Call Chantal Shmuel at (866) 383-6130 from the US, or write her at regent@actcom.co.il. Tell her that the Trip Advisor forum people sent you. She will give you great service, and can save you a great deal off of the rack rate in most cases.

Douglas Duckett

Working in Pierre, South Dakota

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Discounts

What is your budget and are you willing to stay outside of Tel Aviv...?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,912 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Discounts

You could also look at some of the smaller hotels which are considerably cheaper yet charming and well located. These three are in the atlas chain and I have stayed at all three of them and was very happy with the results: City Hotel, Center Hotel and (a liltle pricier but very interesting) the Cinema Hotel.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Discounts

In reply to Elad 100, I want to stay in Tel Aviv.

I had hoped to be in the $100-$125 range, but I now realize that is unlikely for a decent hotel.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Discounts

Well.. I don't know what you expect for.. but as I said if it's just for B&B and you are not looking for anything fancy it is very possible to find a good rate.

However there are some good catches sometimes... for example... I found a 5 star hotel that also fits your budget Leonardo boutique hotel located in Ramat Hahayal area (it is very active night life area but far from the center of Tel Aviv and the beach) the price for B&B for superior room (read in the hotel link about the room) is 360 NIS per night during 17-19 of March. which means 100 USD$ per night (by rate of 1 USD$ = 3.6 NIS). You can read reviews about this hotel in the review section of TA. you can also read info in the hotel site.

leonardo-hotels.com/israel-hotels/tel-aviv-h…

note: the price I quote is from Israeli travel agency.

if you need other recommendations that fits your budget I will need to know the dates.. because it's easier to search for price quote when you have the dates.

Edited: 28 January 2011, 19:50
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Discounts

The date of arrival is March 26, check out on March 28 for 2 guests.

Can you be more specific where I can find this rate. It sounds great.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,807 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Discounts

The price rate might be great but th hotel is in an idustial park with almost no public transport and very far from the center, the beach and any tourist atractions. I don't know about nightlife except resaurants. 26-28 March is a weekend which means that that area will be dead. The low price has a meaning. You can try Gordon Inn http://www.hostelstelaviv.com/ or Ha-Yarkon 48( http://www.inisrael.com/hayarkon48/ )

These might be more suitable. They have rviews on TA.