We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from tel aviv to jerusalem

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
train from tel aviv to jerusalem

is it easy to get the train to jerusalem from tel aviv? whats the approx price, how long does it take and how often is it?

thanks x

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,838 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from tel aviv to jerusalem

The train from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv is a lovely, scenic ride however, not the best choice if time is a concern. The train station is in the southern part of the city and the train itself takes over an hour and a half.

There are express buses that take about 45 minutes to Tel Aviv.

For more information on the trains, schedules, fares, etc. see: http://www.rail.co.il/EN/Pages/HomePage.aspx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train from tel aviv to jerusalem

time is not an issue ! It would be lovely to experience the train and the views. Where in tel aviv is the train station? i tried the link that you posted and had no luck - I wonder if you know a rough idea of price for adults and children.

Am i right in thinking you have to change at bet shemesh?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,762 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from tel aviv to jerusalem

The train service to Jerusalem was suspended for some time. When is your trip?

You can take the train to Jerusalem from any train i Tel Aviv, if it is operating.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train from tel aviv to jerusalem

Try the link again. It worked for me.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,093 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: train from tel aviv to jerusalem

1. the link works

2. the train to Jerusalem is supposed to resume on Thursday the 28 ( check back after that)

3. The price is 22NIS one way and 40NIS round trip.

4 A child under 10 is 17.5 one way. ( no other discounts except for students going to school!

5. The route is direct, there is no changing at Beit Shemesh.

Just for fun I put in today's date and the website said there were no trains for the route I asked for. So based on the fact I WAS ABLE to get info for the 28 July, they seem to be planning to restart the service as advertised. ( stay tuned)

6. Re: train from tel aviv to jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 07:16