We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Cairo to Tel Aviv

Sacramento
6 posts
Save Topic
from Cairo to Tel Aviv

Has anyone traveled from Cairo to Tel Aviv recently via bus? My wife and I are planning a trip in early November, and having trouble finding good information

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
533 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: from Cairo to Tel Aviv

Im not sure if there is any bus from Cairo to Taba. I think it's shared taxi or taxis.

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: from Cairo to Tel Aviv

I assume that you are flying from California.can't you try and get a ticket that will include both Cairo and Tel Aviv? That can be much cheaper. Something like SFO-CAI-TLV-SFO (of course with the requires connections). You could also try to fly from Sacramento instead of San Francisco.

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Sacramento
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: from Cairo to Tel Aviv

Tried it, but didn't actually reduce the cost, primarily because of the CAI-TLV leg. Turned out best to fly out of Washington, where my son lives - and be able to visit him, and our grandkids, both going and returning for about the same as than flying direct! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Mentioned in this post
Sacramento
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: from Cairo to Tel Aviv

We have found both a public bus, and private buses that make the trip. Mazada travel has sent me a quote, and helps facilitate the border crossing.

Sacramento
6 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: from Cairo to Tel Aviv

El Al does not show a flight from CAI to TLV; I believe they discontinued that. Thanks to those who advised Air Sinai; I will check into that one

Mentioned in this post
16. Re: from Cairo to Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 23:20