We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finalizing Tel Aviv Plans

Old Field, New York
Level Contributor
448 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Finalizing Tel Aviv Plans

Thanks to tthe help of many of you we have completed our itinerrary with one exception. We plan on completing our sightseeing in Tel Aviv with an already reserved tour of the Palmach Museum which ends at 4:00 PM. We want to have dinner in Tel Aviv before returning to Jerusalem by bus. We are debating which of the options are best: We would like a moderate or lower priced optopn, Israeil, Middle Eastern but thats not mandatory.

(1) Go to the Old Port area for dinner but my companion is not a seafood eater so are there good choices in that location which would be worth going to? If so, I assume w should use the Arlosoroff Bus Terminal for return to Jerusalem.

(2) Go to Dizengoff Street and find a restaurant. Has anyone heard of Batya? Any other suggestions? And assume Arlosoroff Bus Terminal?

(3) Head to the Yeminite Quarter/Central Market/Sheinkin Street area and find a restaurant? One that many say is good is Orna and Ella? Another option appears to beMaganda. If so, I assume we should use the Central Bus Station for return to Jerusalem.

Qw don't want to travel all the way south to Jaffa.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Arik Private Tours In Israel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
My Israeli Guide
Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
Zaatar - Israel Walking Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,295 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finalizing Tel Aviv Plans

It all depends how late you want to get back to Jerusalem because the deeper you go into Tel-Aviv the later you will get back. The Port is definitely the most convenient. However if you want to eat closer to Arlozorov you can try Yehuda HaMaccabi St in north Tel-Aviv (mostly coffee houses) or Ibn Gvirol St. near Rabin Square (I can recommend Amore Mio and the Brasserie).

1) There are dozens of restaurants in the port , not all of them seafood

2) Batya is eastern European food, not Middle East.

3) Maganda is Yemenite food

In all cases use the Arlozorov Terminal.

2. Re: Finalizing Tel Aviv Plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 04:19