We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

london
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

Could anyone please recommend a decent kosher bakery in either Tel Aviv or Haifa? We have to go over to a friend's house for dinner. Would like to bring a cake, or something.

Many thanks.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,641 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

Roladin: http://www.roladin.co.il

You'll find branches all over Israel.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

Every supermarket has a bakery section and the larger ones even bake on the premises. All the large chains are kosher (except for Tiv-Ta'am and AM-PM).

Which kosher certificate does your friend accept ?

:-)

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

If you don't know what they are serving, bring something pareve (non-dairy). I'd also add that flowers or wine are more common to bring than desserts.

london
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

Thanks for the advice. I would prefer to bring wine, but my friend is pregnant, so won't be drinking.

I'm not sure about the kosher certificate. They're pretty orthodox in that they keep kosher and don't drive on shabbat. I should probably play it safe.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

Wine also has its own unique kosher requirements. Flowers are a good choice, but ..... if you are invited on a Friday evening and you arrive after Shabbat starts they probably are not allowed to put the flowers in a vase. In that case a potted plant is a better choice.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,037 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

You can buy a bottle of grape juice called Tirosh and some wine for the others. As for cakes check http://www.delapaix.co.il/ - the website is in Hebrew but you can call and inquire. They also deliver and have dairy and parve cakes. This one is my favorite. Roladin is mediocre quality.

london
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

Thanks so much for recommending De la Paix. We ordered a lovely fruit tart. It looked gorgeous and tasted great. The hosts seemed to enjoy it.

8. Re: Kosher bakery in Tel Aviv (or Haifa)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2013, 10:18