We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phones

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
308 reviews
Save Topic
Cell Phones

My cell phone is not international and getting a SIM card is not an option. Is there somewhere to get a temporary cell phone that I can use while I am in Israel?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell Phones

If you Google "israel cell phone rental" you will get 3,640,000 results.

The first 5 will answer your question (including getting the phone while still in the US).

Rochester, Minnesota
Level Contributor
816 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell Phones

We used a rental Amigo phone during our recent trip to Israel. Very easy to order for delivery in the US, and easy to use and return as well. Their customer service center is very easy to work with, here from the US or while in Israel. But, as mentioned above, there are other options too.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
150 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell Phones

We leave for our trip in 2 days. Amigo phones were very easy to deal with. We got our phone via UPS several days ago. We even got (for only$5 extra) a US phone number for our contacts here to be able to reach us.

One thing I was originally concerned about was - if they ship the phones one week in advance of the trip (it actually was almost 2 weeks) how would I get it in time all the way from Israel? Thrns out that the phones are shipped from new York city.

Doug

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cell Phones

Sounds like Amigo it is. Thanks!

5. Re: Cell Phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2012, 09:23
6. Re: Cell Phones

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 June 2012, 09:10
7. Re: Cell Phones

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:16