We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine, Beer & Laundry

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
310 reviews
Save Topic
Wine, Beer & Laundry

Where can you buy wine and beer? Is it sold in the grocery stores or do we need to go to a specialty store?

Are there any laundrymats near the InterContinental David? We will be staying for a while and will definately need to do laundry.

Mentioned in this post
InterContinental David Tel Aviv
InterContinental David...
2,262 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,442 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine, Beer & Laundry

Wine and beer are sold in all supermarkets and minimarkets.

There are laundromats along Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff. You should ask at the hotel if there is anything closer.

telavivguide.net/Tel_Aviv_Overview/…

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine, Beer & Laundry

Thanks! I love to shop in local grocery stores when I travel. Some of my favorite gifts and souveniers come from the grocery stores and I like to keeps fruit and snack items in my room for a quick bite.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,717 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine, Beer & Laundry

Just a note that wine and beer while sold in grocery stores, is only sold up to 11 p.m. After that it is illegal so please plan accordingly.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine, Beer & Laundry

If you like snacks, there are many stores selling fresh nuts and sunflower seeds and other snacks scattered throughout almost every city in Israel.

The David Intercontinental is a bit isolated compared to other hotels, so I will leave it up to Tel AViv experts to point out specific places to grab nosh.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
InterContinental David Tel Aviv
InterContinental David...
2,262 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine, Beer & Laundry

TA is such a great help in planning trips. Some of the best ideas and tips come from TA.

Thanks for the tip on the ending sales. I almost got into a jam when I tried buy beer in a grocery store on the way after dinner while in Norway. It was 8:15 and they stopped selling it at 8:00. I was fussed at in Norwegian until I smiled and said "I'm sorry but I do not speak Norwegian". He then nicely apologized and kindly explained in English I was breaking the law - who knew???

Mentioned in this post
Norway
Norway
Europe
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,419 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine, Beer & Laundry

Your hotel is near the Carmel Market, as a matter of fact I should stop writing as it is a most amazing market that has fruit, vegetables, meat, wine, snacks, bread&pita in so many tastes and forms etc etc etc... Including nuts, dates, and more. Just take a walk and you'll have many quick bites, maybe too many. The market closes in the afternoon.

7. Re: Wine, Beer & Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 13:35
Edited: 24 May 2012, 13:35
8. Re: Wine, Beer & Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:17