We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Medellin
Level Contributor
119 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

Since you all know there is War again between Israel and Palestine, I already purchased my ticket to Tel Aviv to travel next april, should I consider change the itinerary or is it safe for the tourist to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem?

Thanks!

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

No-one can predict what will happen tomorrow, left alone next April :)

Having said that, the chances are that things will be safe and calm here and you will be able to visit Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and the rest of Israel.

Much nearer the time, you can check up to see if there are any problems.

Medellin
Level Contributor
119 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

Hello of course is impossible to know, what i want to know if is always has been like this in Gaza and what happeed before with tourist, or if I were travelling tomorrow would be safe?

Jerusalem
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

If you were traveling tomorrow, you would stay away from areas within 40 km of the Gaza Strip. Good day to be in Jerusalem, Nazareth, Haifa, Galilee...

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,210 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

As already said, none of us has a crystal ball but April is a very long time from now and odds are that by then, all of this will be a distant memory.

A B
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

I'm going to Israel in february :S I know it is far away but Im scared. I also want to know if it always has been like this in Gaza, are recent attack similair to previous attacks? Or is it worse this time?

Coventry
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

War?? Sorry but has war been declared?

I hope everyone wherever they are stays safe during these troubles.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,753 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

There is heavy fighting now between Israel and Hamas who controls Gaza. There is no war between Israel and Palestine--there is no Palestine and those on the West Bank who would like to be part of a future Palestine would also probably not like your terminology.

That being said, April is 1/2 year and a lifetime away. No one knows what wll happen. February is closer--but still an unknown. As many regulars know I live in both the US and Israel. At the moment I am in the US. My ticket to Israel is Dec. 10 and I will be on that plane, staying until my scheduled return flight.

los angeles
Level Contributor
811 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

Buen dia !

By April, you'll probably be able to visit Gaza strip.

9. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 November 2012, 19:05
Edited: 17 November 2012, 19:05
California
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WAR, is Safe to go to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem

Will be leaving for Tell Aviv tomorrow. Is it safe for Jerusalem, dead sea and tell Aviv?