We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

Hello,

I spoke to you before leaving for Christmas in the Holyland in November/December.

I had a great time as you said I would, but I want to express my anger & disappointment about the Leonardo hotel in Jerusalem.

I had something stolen from my room & they have shown little interest in this, no it was not something which could have been put in a safe. It was in fact a very expensive pair of designer leather trousers !

I reported this the day before I left when I went to wear them & found them missing.

Have you any advice how I can get some action from the Fattal group other than sketchy emails saying nothing was found......which I know !!!

All very disappointing.

Katie.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,973 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

Katie- As you have already been asked, "who is YOU" The people who answer on this site are members, volunteers sharing their knowledge. Trip Advisor is NOT a booking site and did not arrange any hotel for you.

In terms of the theft. Unfortunately it becomes a he said/ she said issue. The hotel has no proof that you had the pants. I assume that the hotel has electronic keys. If so, ask the hotel if they can see who entered the room. ( it may not be possible, it is many months past when you were in Israel and I do not know if records are kept for long periods of time)

I'm curious. How come you did't mention this on December 30, when you posted that you were back and had a good trip!

Edited: 05 March 2013, 13:26
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant incident that put a damper on your trip.

At this point, since the hotel management has not been responsive I would suggest the following:

1. contact the main offices of the Fattal Group: www.fattal-hotels.com/Pages/ContactUsLtr.aspx

2. Contact the main offices of the Leonardo Hotels: http://www.leonardo-hotels.com/contact-form

3. Send an email to the following address - this is person at the Ministry of Tourism in charge of tourist's complaints about service providers. Her name is Aviva Avraham: AvivaA@tourism.gov.il

Hopefully, one of these will bear fruit. Good luck.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

Hello Katie!

I'm sorry to hear about the theft.

I recommend you to address the Ministry of Tourism. They deal with any problem when tourism services (such as hotels) do not comply as expected.

Email to:

AvivaA@tourism.gov.il

Good luck!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,286 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

Did you make a police report?

Chana

Israel

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,842 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

Here are some articles on the legal aspects of hotel thefts:

nytimes.com/1991/09/15/travel/practical-trav…

telegraph.co.uk/travel/722584/The-Sophie-But…

Perhaps someone here knows something about the relevant laws in Israel.

And a TripAdvisor thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k38510…

France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

I'm not sure what you mean in the first part of your reply ?

As for not mentioning it on the 30th I, was already emailing the Fattal group, I was rather hoping to come back with a complete story, as it happens I have been struggling to get any result.

I have now told them that I had put off posting here in the hope that there would be a happy ending....and my patience had run out.

I hope that answers your curiosity.

France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

Thank-you for these suggestions, all have been covered except the tourism office,I will contact them ,

France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

Thank-you Mbgg.

All useful info.

France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

The hotel left that to their own security. Everybody knew about this problem , my tour manager, our guide, the manager , the receptionist & their security.

All they did was search the room....... which obviously I had done.

My group all saw these trousers as I travelled to Israel wearing them.

France
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jerusalem......Missing/Stolen Item From Leonardo Hotel Room.

Sorry I see replies don't end up under comments.