We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in tel aviv

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
One night in tel aviv

We arrive in tel aviv thursday late June and will stay in tel aviv just one night,the day after Friday we go to Jerusalem then onto tour israel,where can we stay for just one night? Not expensive as we don't arrive till tea time and will leave mid morning Friday,so a place maybe near to the beach and restaurants ,just a clean hotel to get our heads down.cheers

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in tel aviv

Why not go directly to Jerusalem (the airport is between the two cities) and book into the hotel where your tour will start. That would be the easiest and much more relaxing. It is easy and inexpensive to get to Jerusalem from the airport by sherut (shared taxi).

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,314 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in tel aviv

To clarify what Annette is telling you, the airport is not in Tel Aviv but between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, about 30 minutes from the former and 45 minutes from Jerusalem itself. Unless you rtour is totally skipping Tel Aviv, I agree with her that I would just go on to Jerusalem.

Douglas Duckett

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in tel aviv

Cheers I didn't know that Jerusalem was so close to the airport,that is a good answer and we will take your advice and visit Tel Aviv at the end of our trip.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night in tel aviv

johnwilky, that is what tripadvisor is for! Many people are surprised when they find out where the airport is located. To get to Jerusalem, the easiest way is by Sherut. It costs 62 shekels a person. This is a shared taxi. When you arrive in Israel, get your luggage and exit into the arrivals hall. Directly across you will see an ATM and a change place so you can put shekels in your pocket. I recommend using the ATM. Then proceed through the exit and you will see the taxi stand with vans lined up with signs for Jerusalem and Haifa. Someone from the taxi stand will ask where you are going and put you in the right vehicle. As soon as there are 10 people, off you go. Sometimes it might take half an hour, sometimes you get lucky and you are the last ones on. The sherut will take you to your hotel, and also everyone else so it might be a round about way but you will see neighbourhoods of Jerusalem on your way. You can also take a taxi directly if you are really tired. Be sure to only use taxis from the taxi stand. They will give you a printed receipt with a set price before you get in. It is more expensive but definitely more direct. Another tip is that you don't tip taxi drivers in Israel (unless they do something exceptional or kind for you).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night in tel aviv

Cheers all v much appreciated ,please help with our trip,I,ll try and keep it brief!

We have booked first 3 nights in Jerusalem,then hire a car ( Sunday ok?)

Then we have one night empty

3 nights in Eilat

Then 4 nights empty,last probably in TA.

Fly next destination

Please help Israel experts,I know I can rely on you.

Oh we are fit athletic lively 58/59 y old couple...............well I am

, cheers.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One night in tel aviv

If your question "Sunday OK?" means "are car rental offices open Sunday?", yes, Sunday is a normal working day in Israel.

There are two routes from Jerusalem to Eilat: the quick one and the scenic one. If you take the scenic one you can spend a night in Mitzpe Ramon and enjoy the desert scenery.

For your four nights empty, what about going to the Galilee?

What are your interests? History, religion (which one?), nature, museums, architecture... ???

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One night in tel aviv

We are not religious ,but we have an interest in everything yet nothing in particular,we want to experience to must see sights ,meet interesting local people,eat and drink the local favourites,looking forward but need advise.

Edited: 03 May 2013, 19:04
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,757 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One night in tel aviv

Rent the car in Jerusalem, book online, not just pop into an office to book. It will be cheaper and the car will wait for you. After your 3 nights in Jerusalem head to the Dead-Sea-Massada. Stay the night there and continue to Eilat in the morning. Drive on route 90. From Eilat back north drive on route 40, visit on the way Mizpe Ramon (maybe a jeep tour?), Sde Boker for Ben-Gurion gravesite (great views) and further his "hut" where he lived after leaving office. You could stay one night in the Negev, either in Mizpe Ramon or at a rural B&B. On the way to Tel Aviv you can visit the Air Force museum in Beer Sheva and continue north to Tel Aviv where you drop the car. You'll have 3-4 night left that you can stay in Tel Aviv doing a day trip by train to Akko. Akko can be a full day. There are options for day trips but this one is easy and Akko is a must see.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,757 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One night in tel aviv

I meant - rent the car only when you leave Jerusalem. No need for a car in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One night in tel aviv

This very much for the advice,we will stay one night in massada area,any recommendations,stay in Eilat then drive back north to TA,is TA to Haifa a day trip (train ) or should we just keep the car ,I would prefer to dump it .Cheers .