We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Israel to Egypt

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling from Israel to Egypt

Hi,

Im going Israel and wanted to go to Egypt as well. I just don't know if it is even possible to travel from Tel Aviv to Cairo? (politics?)

Im an Australian Citizen but was born in Iran.. Would this be an issue?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Iran
Iran
Middle East
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,717 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

Yes there are. But to book flights you must either contact them by phone or via a travel agent in your hometown. The later option is the better one.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

Hi. I am Vietnamese and holding an UK visa. I plan to travel Israel and Egypt. I know I need to apply for an Israel visa, but how about an Egypt one if I buy a tour from the agency? Do I still need to prepare the visa procedure for both countries? Thanks a lot.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,049 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

For that question, you really need to enquire of the Egyptian embassy or on-line sources about Egypt travel. Don't really on a site like this, as if we're wrong, you're stuck.

Douglas Duckett

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

Yes, I had emailed to the Egypt consulate in London, but I haven't received any information until now. How shame!

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

Heki, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct visas. This isn't something a travel agency will do for you (beyond telling you that you need to do it). There are so many countries, so many nationalities, so many different rules that it is beyond the scope of what a travel agent does to be able to take care of this.

Have you tried telephoning the Egyptian consulate?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,717 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

Actually if you contact a travel agent they should not only be able to provide you with proper information, but all assist in obtaining a visa if necessary. This is part of a travel agent's job (there may be an additional fee however).

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

Thanks Chana and Shuffaluff. I guess I might be apply for all destinations if I don't want to get any unexpected problems here :(

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
12 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

Hi, I am planning a trip to Israel in May, and will be doing a tour to Petra. In addition, I was considering visiting Egypt, but from what I have read it will most likely be a very long trip via Taba across Sinai. So now, I am debating whether or not I should fly to Cairo instead. A couple of questions:

1) How tedious is it to get to the Tel Aviv airport from Jerusalem, and Cairo airport from central Cairo.

2) How much time would be needed at the airport prior to flight to Cairo (as well as on the way back at Cairo airport).

3) Is it best to have an agency book the full trip.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

MooseNL, please start a new thread if you have any more questions, as they will get lost in this almost two-year-old thread.

It is not in the least "tedious" to get from Jerusalem to the airport, which is between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. The Nesher shuttle will pick you up from almost any address in Jerusalem, and it must be booked a day or two in advance. Search the forum for information on this.

Questions relating to Cairo airport should be asked in the Egypt forum.

You should be at Ben-Gurion Airport three hours before your flight, regardless of destination.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
5,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Travelling from Israel to Egypt

NB if you are already in Jordan (Petra) it will almost certainly be cheaper to fly to Cairo from Amman than from Tel Aviv.

Mentioned in this post
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan