We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another question

Baltimore
Level Contributor
211 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Another question

Can anyone give me some details about the "Dialogues in the Dark". It is a museum dedicated to experiencing what is is like to be blind. Where is it and is it worth a visit?

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another question

It is part of the Children's Museum in Holon.

…muni.il/English/…ChildrenMuseum.aspx

If you have children, the minimum age for this exhibit is 9 years old. Teens and adults also find it very interesting.

You might also be interested in the Nalagaat Centre http://www.nalagaat.org.il/home.php

They have a 'Blackout Restaurant' which is the experience of dining in complete darkness.

The stage production has actors that are deaf and blind.

Israel
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Another question

It's an amazing experience... don't miss it.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,126 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another question

Definatelty worth a visit. Reservations required in advance.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,692 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another question

Dialog in the Dark is very special. Advance reservations are required and they fill up quickly for the English sections. I found that not only did i find the experience fascinating I also learned a lot about me and my attitude towards blind individuals. ( which has since changed as a result of this experience) In July I will go to the Nalagaat Center.

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another question

Anyone know how far in advance one should get reservations for shows at the Nalaga'at Center, or for dinner at the Blackout Restaurant?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,692 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another question

It does supposedly fill up. In May, when I called for the end of July I could get for mid-June. There is an email address--write and ask

http://www.nalagaat.org.il/events.php

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,126 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another question

As soon as you decide when you want to go. It is always best to make a reservation and cancel it a couple of days prior to the show if necessary, than wait till closer to the date to find out that there is no space.

Chana

Israel

8. Re: Another question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 05:16