We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

Hi, We are looking for an apartment near Ibn Gvirol because we need to be on the bus route of Egged 26. We dont mind where we are located but do not want to have to walk too far to get to Ibn Gvirol everyday so Hayarkon or Ben Yehuda unless its near Nordau will be a bit far away. Does anyone know of one in that vicinity for December for 3 weeks. Alternately which websites can I look at. WE normally stay near Ben Yehuda but this time we will need to be on that Egged 26 daily so dont want to be too far from Ibn Gvirol.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

Ben yehuda to Ibn gvirol is a 15 min walk. But it can depend upon which part of the street you stay in. If you stay BY near Frischman it should be no problem.

Even if you don't walking is good for you

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

Someone I know stayed at Bazel Towers (Bazel corner Ibn Gvirol) and liked it.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

I dont have a problem walking but I do when its raining buckets and u need to do it 4x a day. I will look at bazel towers shoshi. Is it apartments or an hotel

Edited: 11 August 2013, 19:11
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

Egged no. 6 goes from the northern part of Tel Aviv to Holon. I assume that there are some Dan busses that get to your destiation and can give you a wider area for an apartment. If you specify where you have to go we can help you find some other options .

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

Hi mb - bus no 26 is the one I want which takes me to rehov burla. The other option is bus 125 to levi eshkol which is parallel to burla, hence the request for accommodation in those areas. Alternatively accommodation in burla whuch is proving difficult

Edited: 12 August 2013, 21:40
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

Also if it was summer it wouldnt be a problem staying in Ben Yehuda and walking to Inb Gvirol to get a bus, but winter could be raining so i dont want to have to walk that far. And before someone says "take a taxi" I also dont want to have to take a taxi 4x a time because that will work out horrendously expensive.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,349 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

Have you tried looking at www.airbnb.com for an apartment?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

I can suggest few more bus routes that can give you more options for accomodation:

1. No. 125 goes along Yehuda Hamacabi and King George.

2. No. 6 goes to Ramat Aviv (just note that it stops running around 8pm)

3. If you stay near Ben Yehuda and it rains, you can take no. 4 to Reading terminal and switch to no. 6. Not ideal, but a reasonable solution for bad weather.

good luck

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,232 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

The 4-aleph sherut goes along Burla !

Its route is: Ben-Yehuda, Ibn Gvirol, Agnon, Eshkol, Efter, Burla, Hausner ......

However only about 1 of 10 #4 sheruts is a 4-aleph and they often have no empty seats when driving along Ben-Yehuda.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A studio near Nordau or The Nemal or Rehov Ibn Gvirol

@Heather yes I am looking at air bnb - one was perfect but it had cats and I am allergic to cats. @ MB Rehovot Thanks for those options. Having stayed in Ben Yehuda last year we were fortunate not to have to go to Burla too often as we met my daughter and they fetched us. This time we will need to go there just about daily, maybe twice a day and hence the need for a direct bus. I also dont want it to take forever (do i sound difficult !) just that i experienced the 4 aleph last time @mbgg and it was a pain. As you quiet rightly say and from my experience you are 100% correct "However only about 1 of 10 #4 sheruts is a 4-aleph and they often have no empty seats when driving along Ben-Yehuda". In fact i also thought that Nordau might be an option for accommodation as its not too far a walk to ibn gvirol from there . My daughter says Reading terminal is quite far from her and then as you say 2 or 3 busses are not ideal when you want to get there. And no I wont hire a car - where do we park in Tel Aviv. Also does anyone know if Bus 125 is regular like the 4 etc.