We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-book taxi from Ben Gurion to Port Hotel Tel Aviv

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-book taxi from Ben Gurion to Port Hotel Tel Aviv

We will be arriving in Tel Aviv approximately 8pm, is it possible to have a taxi waiting for us. My husband has to use a wheelchair as he cannot walk too far and it is easier for me to have a taxi waiting, rather than wait in line. Many thanks.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-book taxi from Ben Gurion to Port Hotel Tel Aviv

I have never waited in line for more than one minute. If you book a driver I assume that he would have to park his car in the lot, which is much further than the taxi line.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-book taxi from Ben Gurion to Port Hotel Tel Aviv

Many thanks for your quick response.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,950 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-book taxi from Ben Gurion to Port Hotel Tel Aviv

I can confirm that it is easier to wait in line--or in the wheelchair that you indicated your husband has. I come and go with a driver from Netanya. Yes, he meets me inside BUT we the have to take an elevator to the level where he parks his cab. I have a choice of walking with him to the cab or standing and waiting near the entrance for him to come and get me. Depending upon how (un)lucky he was at getting a close space I can be waiting, as said, longer than the wait in the line. I also seem to remember a bench near the front of the cab line, where i am sure your husband can wait as you go through the line.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-book taxi from Ben Gurion to Port Hotel Tel Aviv

I also think that just going to the cab line would be easier and faster. I have never really waited in line here, it is very fast.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,517 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-book taxi from Ben Gurion to Port Hotel Tel Aviv

I agree with the others. We haven't had to wait either. We went to the official taxi stand and the person in charge there asked where we were going, and took a quick glance at the bags we had. We were immediately assigned to a waiting taxi that was suitable. No waiting involved and each time there was a line of taxis waiting for passengers.

Since no one has mentioned it on this thread - if any taxi driver approaches you in the arrivals hall at the airport then do not go with that person or you will get ripped off. Make sure you go to the official taxi rank. It is well signposted so you can't miss finding it.

6. Re: Pre-book taxi from Ben Gurion to Port Hotel Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 07:18