We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Armon Hayarkon Hotel or Port Hotel

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Armon Hayarkon Hotel or Port Hotel

Has anyone stayed at either of the above hotels, Trying to pick between them. Good and bad points please. The map shows Port hotel farther from the sea and looks like there is a major road to cross? My husband uses a wheelchair as he cannot walk too far. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
The Port Hotel Tel Aviv
The Port Hotel Tel Aviv
483 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,422 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Armon Hayarkon Hotel or Port Hotel

There are traffic lights and crosswalks in Israel so you won't have problems crossing main streets.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Armon Hayarkon Hotel or Port Hotel

Looking at the size of the rooms given in www.booking.com I would wonder whether you had enough room for a wheelchair in the double rooms on either of those hotels.

The Armon Hayarkon Hotel gives its room dimensions as 16 m²

The Port Hotel gives its room size as 14 m²

As a contrast, the room size given for the Leonardo Basel Hotel is 23 m²

Edited: 16 September 2013, 05:29
Mentioned in this post
The Port Hotel Tel Aviv
The Port Hotel Tel Aviv
483 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Armon Hayarkon
Armon Hayarkon
231 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel
Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv...
1,035 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Armon Hayarkon Hotel or Port Hotel

Although unfamiiiar with either hotel I do wish you to take extreme caution when booking a low cost hotel in Iarael for you particular issue -- wheelchair accessability. Iarael, while a modern Western country with laws for handicap accessability, lacks the services and dimensions you may have at home. So before booking any hotel contact them directly for specific information regarding steps at hotel entrance, dimension of special wheelchair accessible rooms, location of diningroom, etc. The hotels are not always fully aware that they are not totally wheelchair accessible so you must ask specific questions and peruse photos to backup the information relayed to you.

BTW this goes for any site in Israel, as well.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Essex, UK
Level Contributor
113 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Armon Hayarkon Hotel or Port Hotel

thanks for advice. The wheelchair is used outside only, My husband has Parkinsons Disease and cannot walk too far. He is totally ok inside buildings. As long as the hotels have elevators we are fine and only a few steps to manage.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,354 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Armon Hayarkon Hotel or Port Hotel

I would still urge you very strongly to check directly with each hotel you are considering as there are plenty of places where the dining room (and therefore breakfast) is not easily accessible by elevator, has more that a few steps to get to it or to enter the lobby, etc. These are serious considerations for you.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,945 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Armon Hayarkon Hotel or Port Hotel

Having taken a seniors group to Israel and having to manage a wheelchair, I totally 'get' what the Israeli guides (who are the experts here) are saying. I would suggest you consider a hotel which has handicapped accessible rooms. They at least will have accommodations for wheelchairs into the lobby and dining rooms. Otherwise you might find that the dining room is down 2 flights of stairs and it is not unknown in some of the less expensive hotels that elevators may not be working. Accessible rooms usually have walk in showers (some even may have a lip to step over but it will be low) and more room around the bed for a wheelchair, even if your husband doesn't use it inside. It can be awkward if he has to step over suitcases on the floor.

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
7. Re: Armon Hayarkon Hotel or Port Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 07:18