We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carlsbad, California
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

My husband, myself, our 14 yr old son and a friend are arriving in Tel Aviv airport at 2:20am. We don't want out guests to have to pick us up at 2:20am so is sleeping at the airport possible? Or is there a hotel nearby, cheap but clean is all the matters. Or, is there safe public transportation from the airport to Shefa Amr? Thank you!

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,333 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

There is no hotel at the airport. I would suggest you take a taxi to Tel Aviv and stay the night there at one of the hotels that has a 24 hour desk. Make sure you let them know what time you expect to arrive.

Edited: 06 October 2013, 05:18
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,340 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

There is really no place to sleep in the airport and the closest hotels are in Tel Aviv. You indicated you don't want your "guests" to pick you up? Or are you the guests.

Assuming you are not arriving on a Friday night-Saturday morning, you can take a train to Haifa. Trains leave once an hour 2:50AM, 3:50 AM etc. If we are optimistic you will make the 3:50AM and that will get you to Haifa by 5:13AM at which time you can take a bus or cab to your final destination. If you miss the 3:50 just push it back an hour.

BTW the airport is very busy and everything is open at that hour so you will be able to grab a bite to eat.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

You could just take a taxi. The price between the 4 of you will be much less than a hotel, and it'll be far quicker than going to Haifa on the way, so you'll actually stand a chance of getting some sleep on arrival. The official price for a night time journey from the airport is 752 shekels plus a little extra for extra passengers and luggage.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

Nb I mean, a taxi to your final destination in Shefa Amr/Shfar'am.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,438 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

Please clarify what Shefa Amr is. While there is speculation it is a bit difficult to know exactly where your final destination is.

Chana

Israel

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

Shefa 'Amr is the Arabic name of Shfaram.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,340 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

avigail---they do NOT want to get to Shefa Amr in the wee hours of the day. That is why I did not suggest a direct cab.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

rdglady - the original poster implied that they do indeed want to go straight to Shefa Amr if that is possible. If so, assuming that they will be able to get into their accommodation, a taxi is by far the best option. It's not even going to be that early - even if they leave the airport by 3 it'll be 5 or so before they get there.

If you take a train, take it to the "Lev Hamifratz" station in Haifa, which is very close to Shefa Amr. From there it's a 20 minute taxi ride.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,503 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

Landing at 2:20 means scheduled to touch the tarmac at that time. Even if your plane lands on time it could easily be an hour before you are out of the airport. If a lot of planes arrive at the same time there will be long queues at immigration, and you may have to wait quite a while for your luggage. It's highly unlikely you will be out of the airport by 3.

Arab towns wake up early. Arriving there at about 5:30 a.m. won't be "the middle of the night". But if you are staying in a hotel or guest house and want to go straight to bed, I hope you have told them that you'll be arriving in the early morning.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to sleep at 2:20am and transportation to Shefa Amr.

I second Shuffaluff suggestion. Looks like you best chance to leave the airport and take the train @ 3:50 arriving in Haifa Central (Ha'Shmona) @ 5:13. All of the bus routs to Shefa Amr start from the East central station (Huzot Hamifratz) thus my suggestion will be to take a taxi (available) from outside this train station. The next train @ 4:50 will also stop at Huzot Hamifratz but there will be a walk of about 15 minutes from the train station to the bus station (I believe you will not want to do it).