We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Israel

Denmark
8 posts
Save Topic
Visit Israel

Hi

I am planning to go to Israel 21 december 2013 and stay over the new year.

Landing in Tel Aviv from Denmark.

I want to see Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Betlehem, Masada, take a dip in the Death Sea

and then to Elait, spend the new years evening there, but have to fly back to Denmark

3 january 2014 from Tel Aviv again.

I really do not know how many days/nights I have to book room/rooms for in Tel Aviv, because I think it could be very exciting to overnight in Jerusalem as well, maybe christmas evening there,

Or is it that you will have your base in Tel Aviv and just travel to Jerusalem and Betlehem.

are the cities very close ?

Can you, please recommand ?

Thank you very much in advance

Kind regards

Helle

Denmark
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Visit Israel

Hi and thank you

It sound a bit expensive :0), and you are sure that we can have a taxi from the airport to Jerusalem,

thinking that it is Saturday about 11.00 am ?

Thank you so much in advance

Kind regards

Helle

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,427 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Visit Israel

You should go to Eilat for the sun as many do from your part of the world. In past there were even direct flights from Scandinavia to Eilat (don't know if there still are). I agree with Oreets that you should take the shared taxi to Jerusalem, it's the best, most convenient and cheapest option.

It may rain when you are here. But generally rain does not last long and the sun generally shines on the same day (but rarely does it not shine for more than a day).

Chana

Israel

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,930 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Visit Israel

The Nesher Sherut is the best way, they are waiting for you right at the curbside coming out of the airport and the price is set. You don't even have to tip the driver. The prices you have been quoted are really, really high. Even if there were 5 of you in your group, the Sherut is a much better deal.

Denmark
8 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Visit Israel

Hi

I think there still are flights from Copenhagen to Elait, but it will be more expensive and I want to see

Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Tel Aviv :0),

Ok We will NOT take the offer from the company then.

I will thank you so much for your great answers and goodwill,

Maybe I will come back :0)

Kind regards

Helle

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,084 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Visit Israel

That price for airport transfer is utterly outrageous. It's a good thing you asked here!

The Nesher shuttle is 10-seater minibuses that are waiting immediately outside the arrivals hall at the airport. According to the company website (I looked it up two minutes ago to answer a question on another thread) is NIS 64 per person, which includes luggage, and it is the same price every day, any time of day or night. You will be delivered to your accommodation (unless it is in the Old City, where there is no vehicle access, in which case you will be dropped at the closest point that the minibus can reach). They go when they are full, and they fill up quickly. You might be the first passenger to be let off, or the last, depending on where everyone wants to go (the driver decides on the route). You do not tip taxi drivers in Israel.

Denmark
8 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Visit Israel

Thank you very much for your respond.

I do appreciate it.

Sleep well

Kind regards

Helle

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Visit Israel

You could spend a week in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and still not see everything. Holy sites, museums (israel21c.org/culture/…), etc. OR, if you want to go free... israel21c.org/travel/… and israel21c.org/travel/…

Re the price from airport- Jerusalem... that is ridiculous!!! Do not pay it.

18. Re: Visit Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:20