We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice for traveler with bad back

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel choice for traveler with bad back

My in-laws are heading to Israel on a land and cruise package and need to find a hotel for 2 nights in Tel Aviv at the end of March. Both are older and my mother in-law has back issues which limits her walking distances or hills.Based on several factors I have come down with 2 choices and would like the forum's opinion. They are considering the Embassy Hotel on Hayarkon Street or the The Diaghilev on Mazeh Street. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,926 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choice for traveler with bad back

It is unclear what your question is. Which of the two hotels is nicer? How will they be traveling in Israel? Where will they be visiting? If the ship is docked in Ashdod they should stay on board. If they are touring they should stay near the tour (Jerusalem, Galilee) and

not Tel Aviv.

Chana

Israel

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choice for traveler with bad back

I also have a bad back and an uncomfortable bed puts me in bad shape for the following day. I haven't stayed at the hotels you suggested. I have stayed at the City Hotel on Mapu Street and found their bed comfortable and the location very central.

Of the two hotels you mention I would choose the Embassy because of the location. It is close to the beach and restaurants, shopping, and HaCarmel Market. The hop on hop off bus goes along the beach front close to that, which could give them a tour of Tel Aviv plus transport to any locations of interest. www.dan.co.il/english/template/default.asp…

Please note that the hop on hop off bus does not operate on Shabbat.

Issaquah, Washington
Level Contributor
49 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choice for traveler with bad back

Sorry for not being clear. There tour and cruise start after their time in Tel Aviv. They are flying into Tel Aviv 3 days before the tour starts. So yes, I was trying to find out which hotel is preferable as far as location/neighborhood, access to busses, restaurants, museums etc. Thanks again

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,916 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choice for traveler with bad back

The Diaghilev is far from the beach. Buses run on Rotschild St. and it at least 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Tel Aviv is almost flat, no hills etc... and is easy to walk. Staying near the beach is the better option.

Gippsland, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choice for traveler with bad back

If they go to Jaffa (Joppa) they would probably love it but there are steps there. It is a fairly small area though and can be done slowly.

6. Re: Hotel choice for traveler with bad back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:17