We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to TLV in early AM

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting to TLV in early AM

Hello! I'm planning a trip in March, and hopefully going to the Dead Sea with a company that would pick me up in a Tel Aviv Hotel at 7:15am on a Friday. I'll be in Mitzpe Ramon the night before. Would it be possible to get a bus from Mitzpe Ramon early enough Friday morning so that I'd make it to TLV by this time?? I can't seem to figure out the Egged Website, which is why I'm asking here!

Thanks!!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to TLV in early AM

There is no way to get from Mizpeh Ramon to Tel Aviv before 7:30 a.m. Buses only start running around 5-5:30 a.m., there is no direct bus and it takes 3 hours if you are driving direct in a car. You will need to get to Tel Aviv the night before if you would like to join this tour.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,570 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to TLV in early AM

The earliest you can get to Tel Aviv, by a combination of bus from Mitzpe to Beer Sheva and train to Tel Aviv is 7:41 - and that still leaves you at the train station and not at any hotel.

The simple answer is no - you can't make it - even if you can find an option on paper that seems to work you can't depend on it.

The only option that will pretty much insure that you get there on time is by taxi.

BTW you should not be depending solely on the Egged website as they are not the only company providing service and there are plenty of other options in the south - you would do better by checking www.otobusim.co.il which will give youthe routes of any providers, including the train.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to TLV in early AM

Thank you all so much! I realize that plan might have been a bit too ambitious...now I think I'll go to Jerusalem on Friday and just do the Dead Sea/Masada tour from TLV on Saturday.

Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to TLV in early AM

How do you plan on getting to Tel Aviv on Saturday? There is no public transportation on that day. There are sheruts but I'm not sure how early they start on that day. Furthermore, check with the company, as usually these tours drive through Jerusalem to get to the Dead Sea.

Chana

Israel

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,771 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to TLV in early AM

Let me understand. You are going to get up very early on Saturday to take a sherut to Tel Aviv to catch a tour to the Dead Sea??? Have you looked at a map? Take a tour from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea/Masada. What you are proposing is lots of circles for no reason.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to TLV in early AM

Mitzpe Ramon is served by Metropoline buses from Beersheva, which is why you can't find anything on the Egged website. You'll find them listed on the otobusim website already mentioned, which covers all bus companies.

But no, there is no way you can get from Mitzpe Ramon to Tel Aviv by 7:15.

The sheruts from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv go 24/7. They go when they are full, but I have no idea how long you might have to wait for one to fill up early on a Saturday morning. But I agree that your itinerary makes no sense at all. If you will be in Jerusalem on Friday, why on earth would you go to Tel Aviv on Saturday for the sole purpose of taking a tour to the Dead Sea?

Your location as stated in your profile is Haifa. Surely if you are in Haifa you have some idea of where places in Israel are in relation to each other...

7. Re: Getting to TLV in early AM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 07:18