We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Israel visit June

San Diego...
8 posts
Save Topic
Israel visit June

What is the best way to get from the Ben Gurion airport to Jeruslam

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,778 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Israel visit June

Welcome to TripAdvisor.

You can take the Nesher shuttle, which is 10-seater minibuses that will deliver you to your accommodation. They go when they are full, they fill up quickly, and the cost is NIS 64 per person including luggage. You might be the first or the last passenger to be let off, depending on where everyone wants to go (the driver decides on the route).

Alternatively, you can take a taxi, which will cost NIS 273 (NIS 325 after 9 p.m. and all day Saturdays and holidays), with a small surcharge for luggage, and an extra charge if there are more than two passengers.

There is no direct public transport from the airport to Jerusalem.

San Diego...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Israel visit June

Thank you so much for the information.

San Diego...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Israel visit June

I will be in Jerusalem during Shabbat. I am traveling alone and would really like to have a Shabbat meal with a local family. Any suggestions how to make this happen?

Edited: 02 February 2014, 01:04
Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Israel visit June

Sunshine- Are you Jewish? Are you affiliated with a shul in San Diego? Different shuls will offer home hospitality especially to lone visitors. If you are not Jewish, there are also options but they would be different.

San Diego...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Israel visit June

I am Jewish, new to the San Diego area so not affiliated with any shul yet. Any suggestions?

Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Israel visit June

Aish HaTorah usually looks for people to invite to Shababt dinners on Friday nights at the Kotel. This is an Orthodox kiruv (outreach) organization, so they are also looking to increase observance among non-Orthodox Jews. If you are okay with a litle preachiness in that direction, it can be an interesting way to meet others, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.

There's also this organization:

http://shabbatofalifetime.com/

I have no personal experience with them, but they seem like a decent organization. They charge for their services (which seems fair to me), and that also means they probably won't try to guilt you into anything. :-)

Edited: 02 February 2014, 08:27
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Israel visit June

Sunshine,

Jerusalem Connection organization arranges for Shabbat and holiday meals is in the old city , +972 -(0)2-627-1283

Jewish Student Information Center also organize Shabbat meals in the old city,: 972 +(0)2-628-2634, +972 -(0)52-286-7795,

Also Shalom tours have a organized Shabbat meal shalomisraeltours.com/evening-tour-shabbat-d…

Another option is Eatwith with 23 alternatives in Jerusalem http://www.eatwith.com/#!/list/israel/Jerusalem

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,927 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Israel visit June

Shir Hadash synagogue is modern orthodox and very, very welcoming. They do host visitors for Shabbat dinner, contact here …wordpress.com/beit-knesset/friends/

San Diego...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Israel visit June

Thank you so much for all your helpful information.

San Diego...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Israel visit June

Is there public transportation from Jerusalem to Ein Boteck Dead Sea area and from there to Masada?