We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which train station

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Which train station

Is nearer to Rehov Burla in Ramat Aviv. Would it be the one at the Tel Aviv University or the very large one which is so busy at the Azrieli centre.

I am thinking PERHAPS of taking the train from the airport as I will be alone . However my suitcase is soooooo heavy, I would need to find a really nice person to help me put it on the train and take it off!!! I will see. However, if i do not sure which one to get off in order to get a cab from the station to Burla.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,416 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which train station

The best is the Savidor station. The price is the same.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which train station

Is Savidor nearest to where i want to go. It also depends on the stairs and escalators. I cant remember if there is an escalator or only stairs down to the train station at the airport and then of course if the station is on the street level or stairs when i get off.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,729 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which train station

Take a taxi for peace of mind and help with your suitcase.

Chana

Israel

Mentioned in this post
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which train station

All train stations have elevators to the platforms, and in most there are also escalators. However, at Savidor you have to drag your suitcase quite a long way (flat) to get out of the station. HaShalom (the one by the Azrieli towers) should be easier from that point of view, and is about the same distance from where you are going.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which train station

Want the easiest one. Dont want to shlepp luggage too much. And the University ? The only thing about Hashalom is the fact that there are millions and millions of people.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which train station

So Shoshi says Savidor and Avigail says Hashalom and no-one says the University. So which is best. I also have to take the taxi from the station IF i decide to take the train.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which train station

It is easier to get out of HaShalom station than Savidor (in terms of distance platform-road). I doubt it will be packed outside rush hour, or that there will be a big difference between the amount of people at those two stations - both are busy. In either case, if a lot of people get off your train, you could just wait a couple of minutes for the crowd to thin out. Even in Tel Aviv, Israel's railways are hardly busy compared to other parts of the world. The university is further out.

Edited: 11 February 2014, 19:02
Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which train station

But the university is within walking distance of where i want to go. THe university that is, Not sure if the University train station is right at the university. In the end, with my heavy luggage I'll probably land up with a taxi.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
18,554 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which train station

The university train station is down the hill from the campus - across the highway, next to the convention center - doubtful that it will be a convenient walk to anywhere you want to go and certainly not if you are shlepping a large and cumbersome suitcase.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which train station

Hi Oreets. You misunderstood what I meant. I would NEVER dream of walking shlepping my case. What i meant was that its an easy walk from where i am staying to the University because Avigail said it was "far out". Thats why i mentioned the closeness of the University to where i am staying. Not sure about the train station though.