We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach area in TLV to stay around

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach area in TLV to stay around

Hi all,

me and 2 friends will be spending 3 days (Fri-Sun) in Tel Aviv in the end of June, before heading to Jerusalem and Dead Sea. I am organizing the whole trip myself and am currently looking for a place to stay in TLV. I need your advise on the area. We definitely want to stay at a hotel/appartment which is within walking distance from a beach, so that we can have some beach time, visit some beach bars/ restaurants, hire bikes and ride around the beach, What would be the your recommendations in terms of areas/ districts/ beaches? An area with good transportation to historical areas wouldbea plus.

Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Jerusalem
Jerusalem
Jerusalem District, Israel
Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,495 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach area in TLV to stay around

Anywhere a few blocks from the Sea and between Allenby in the South and Arlozorov in the north will be fine.

http://goo.gl/maps/ZcyNT

We need to know your budget before we can make any recommendations.

All the beaches along this stretch are free and identical:

http://goo.gl/maps/uimjL

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,946 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach area in TLV to stay around

There are good places to stay up and down the beach front all the way from Charles Clore Park in the south. If you are looking for budget options, then Hostel Hayarkon 48 is a good choice, very close to the beach, excellent location on busy street so easy transportation options, and you book a private room with an ensuite. An inexpensive hotel is the Beachfront Hotel which is right at the beach and a very basic hotel with small but clean rooms in a very convenient location. If you are looking top end of the budget you have the David Intercontinental, Sheraton, Hilton, etc. Depends on what you are looking for. Keep in mind that hotel rooms are pretty small and you may or may not be able to accommodate 3 adults in one room. Most hotels (and hostels) also include a full breakfast so the cost of 2 or 3 people in the room can be quite a difference.

Mentioned in this post
Beachfront Hostel
Beachfront Hostel
473 Reviews
Tel Aviv, Israel
Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach area in TLV to stay around

Thank you both for your replies. I wanted to fix an area and go from there. We are actually looking for a budget to mid-price range accommodation (max. 180 -220 USD per night), preferrably appartment. I'll take your suggestions and look around the mentioned areas.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,417 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach area in TLV to stay around

Look at Lusky suits too. Check vacation rentals on Trip Advisor too. Stay Between the Charles Clore park and the Tel Aviv port to be near the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
5. Re: Best beach area in TLV to stay around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 05:19