We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Trip to Israel

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa for Trip to Israel

My son, my daughter-in-law and myself have planned a visit to Israel this May, 2014. My son and I are both U.S. citizens with passports. My daughter in law, however, is still a Vietnam citizen but lives in the U.S. since marrying my son several years ago. She is here legally but has not yet received her U.S. citizenship. Since she is still a citizen of Viet Nam she will need a Visa for her vist. As of March 4th the Israli Embassy's around the world are closed due to a labor dispute and will not answer their email. We are getting rather distressed since we have already purchased our airline tickets and reserved an apartment in Tel Aviv. Any clues as to when this will be resolved or how to work around this? I'm sure there are many tour operators, apartment owners, hotels etc. in Israel who could be affected by this if it is not resolved soon. JL

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for Trip to Israel

Sorry, nobody can foresee when the labor dispute will end. All we can do is hope.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for Trip to Israel

Hard to know when the labor dispute will be rectified. It is never wise to purchase airline tickets before obtaining a proper visa from those countries that require one. If you are in a city with an Israeli consulate, perhaps have her go there physically to try and obtain the visa in person.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for Trip to Israel

Chana, would the consulates be open during this labor dispute?

I would definitely telephone them before making the trek there and finding the consulate is closed.

Houston, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for Trip to Israel

Thanks....we are hoping. We never thought there would be a problem getting a VISA from a foreign country.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,055 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for Trip to Israel

The consulate workers are at work. They are just not taking care of certain things, similar to work slowdowns in Israel. There has been no word if closed consulates.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,583 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa for Trip to Israel

Do not waste your time going to the consulate unless you know in advance that they will receive you there.

Sadly, I don't hold out much hope for your situation as long as the labor dispute is ongoing - after all, it is having an impact on high level diplomatic visits too - however, if you want to try I suggest the following send an email and a fax as well as calling the switchboard and see if you can get through to someone - the odds are very slim.

Fax:

713-627-0149

Email:

info@houston.mfa.gov.il​​

Tel:

832-301-3500.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,776 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa for Trip to Israel

My experience, many many years ago having to deal with consulates in the US, while the Interior Ministry employees are involved in a job actions supports what Oreet has written. The consulates, Embassy etc. is a foreign outpost of the Ministry AND since this dispute centers on Israelis workers who are stationed outside of Israel.... I do not feel optimistic on your getting special treatment.

Houston, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa for Trip to Israel

Thanks for all your replys. The consulates are not answering their phones. They did however reply back to a live chat that they will get back to us as soon as possible. Just have to pray that they come to an amiable agreement soon. I'd hate to have to cancel all my vacation plans.

9. Re: Visa for Trip to Israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:28