We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children camp and nursery program for July 2014

Miami, Florida
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Children camp and nursery program for July 2014

I am looking for a bilingual camp for my 3, 5, and 7 year old the weeks of July 13 and July 20 in or near Tel Aviv (we will be staying in the center of Tel Aviv but have a car). I would like them to be immersed in Hebrew (they understand basic Hebrew but fluent in English) so that they will learn the language better however, have English on hand, just in case. I understand one place may not be able to take the 3 year old as well so perhaps two suggestions (1 for the 3 year old and another for the older two). All recommendations are appreciated. I hear the private ones fill up fast. Any way/tip to get into the municipal ones? I am open to either - just want a referral for a good program where my kids and I will like. Please send the contact info/website.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,458 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Children camp and nursery program for July 2014

I suggest that you post your request on Tanglo which is an English speakers list on Yahoo. Those on the list live in Tel Aviv and environs.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
17,343 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children camp and nursery program for July 2014

The only way you can get your children into a municipal program is to prove that you are a resident of Tel Aviv - that means being registered on tax roles or having a long term lease, etc.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,103 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children camp and nursery program for July 2014

I suggest you call the Dept. of Tel Aviv municipality dealing with kids of these ages, or send a fax. I tried to get the appropriate numbers but not sure. I guess they can direct you the one you need phone number +

+972-3-5218021 FAX +972-3-5216411.

Another option is the Tel Aviv Museum. They have workshops for kids of these ages tamuseum.org.il/Data/…maasi_final_divur.pdf - the website is Hebrew only. It is called Meirhoff Center on 8 Dubnov St. phone number +972-3-6919155. You can send me your address by PM and I might be able to check for other possibilities.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,103 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children camp and nursery program for July 2014

I found a website in English for the Meyerhoff center www.workshops-tamuseum.org.il/eindex.asp

Miami, Florida
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Children camp and nursery program for July 2014

Thank you. I posted on Tanglo. I will look into the municipality to see if it is an option. Any private camps/kitanot or nurseries recommended?

6. Re: Children camp and nursery program for July 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:15