We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

I'm travelling to Tel Aviv this summer as the final leg of my trip to Israel, Palestine and Jordan. I'm a woman in my early 20s, and my main aim in TA is just to unwind for a bit before I head home - go to the beach, go out, enjoy myself.

As I'm travelling on my own I'd love to meet up with some locals and hang out with them - I've heard exciting things about the clubbing scene in TA! - and so I was wondering whether, with this aim in mind, it would be better to stay in an AirBnB or a hostel? If the latter, which would you recommend? Also is it easy to meet people in bars, on the beach, etc, or would I seem strange if I were at those places all on my lonesome?

Thanks for your help!

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

Hello Julia,

There are so much fun and activities which you can do or be part of in the three places you mentioned. You can’t exactly compare between AirBnB and a hostel, it depends on your taste really and where you would like to stay at. I would personally go for AirBnB rather than a hostel. However, there are many points that you need to consider in order for this trip to meet your budget.

Since you will be moving around, you will need different places for accommodation to cut down the transportation’s cost and save you time. I advise you to make Bethlehem or Jerusalem as your base while visiting: Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Jericho, Dead Sea and Hebron. To make Tel Aviv another base for visiting: Tel Aviv and Old Jaffa. Also another base in the north if you plan to visit Haifa, Akko, Nazareth, Tiberias, Sea of Galilee and the Golan Heights. In addition to a last base in Eilat in the south if you plan to visit it too. It’s easy to make friends and mingle with the locals, I doubt that you will have a problem with that. You will certainly not seem strange at all

Regarding Jordan, there are three crossing borders to and from it, located in the north, center and south. You should consider them too depending on your itinerary. In Jordan you need to take a base in Amman to visit: Amman, Jerash, Madaba and the surrounding places. You also need to make another base in Petra in the south to visit Petra itself and Wadi Rum. You really should try the experience of sleeping in a Bedouin camp! They have lots of interesting activities there.

John

2. Re: Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 May 2014, 12:35
israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,757 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

rdglady - we always suggest more places to visit and move around to people that base themselves in one place, mostly Tel Aviv. So John was very much in-line. The main info, which the OP did not tell, is how long is her trip. She did indicate she'll travel to PA and Jordan.

Now to the answers - try the hostel Hayarkon-48 and Amiad. Check vacation rentals on Trip Advisor too, there are some small studios that might be what you need.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

If you are traveling on your own I would highly suggest you stay in a hostel in Tel Aviv. You will meet other travellers, especially single travellers who will want to take in the nightlife and beach life like you do. No problem finding people to link up with if you are in a hostel situation. HaYarkon Hostel is very centrally located and is popular with the younger crowd. http://www.hayarkon48.com/

Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
477 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

There are also appartments on Airbnb where you can rent a room which is part of an appartment and there are other people in other rooms, so it's kind of like a hostel.

Check hostels rates and then airbnb and decide.

Oslo, Norway
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

So guess I`m not the only one ridin solo in Tel Aviv. Made me feel more comfortable on hooking up with locals. Thanks John.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

Hello! Thanks so much for your replies (and for your detail, John!) I'm quite keen to experience TA's nightlife and I suppose a hostel might facilitate hat more easily but I'm swayed by the idea of airbnb - some of he hosts look really interesting!

If I were to go out, is it easy to talk to people in bars etc? here in london I wouldn't dream of going to a bar by myself!

8. Re: Travelling solo to Tel Aviv - accommodation etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 06:16