We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

We are planning to spend one day in Tel Aviv visiting old Jaffa and Carmel market. We are taking the train from Airport to central Tel Aviv. Where can we buy the unlimited day pass for bus ride near central train station?

Thanks for any advice

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,891 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

You buy it on the bus from the bus driver after 0900 in the morning.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,918 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

Yes, just buy it on the first city bus you board. If you do not already have a Rav-Kav smartcard, you will need to buy that as well (likewise from the driver of the first bus you board). The cost for the card is NIS 5, to which you will need to add the cost of the hofshi yomi (NIS 14.70). Then each time you get on a bus thereafter, you just place the Rav-Kav on the card reader next to the driver.

Once you have your Rav-Kav you'll be able to load other things on it as well, such as round-trip Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, 90 minutes unlimited travel within Jerusalem, and so on.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Does the bus driver speak English? Would I have problem purchasing the daily unlimited day pass on the bus without Israeli ID?

Is bus #10 the bus we have to take to get to old Jaffa?

Thanks again!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,115 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

Most drivers speak some English. Otherwise passengers do. Besides if you just say hofshi yo I they'll get it.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,918 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

You do not need ID. These will be "anonymous" cards that can be used by anyone. Short-term visitors do not need personal Rav-Kav cards. The benefits of personal Rav-Kav cards (with name and photo) are discounts that tourists are not entitled to, or are for long-term travel, such as a monthly unlimited on a specific route or within a specific area (monthly meaning a named month, not any period of 30 days), used by people who travel daily to work or school. Very few tourists would have a need for that.

At the end of your trip you can keep the Rav-Kav for your next visit, or give it to a friend.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
237 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

One more question: can you use hofshi yomi card in Jerusalem or do you have to buy another one?

Thanks for all the helpful advices.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

One RAV-KAV card will do for the entire country. You charge into it tickets and packages, e.g Tel Aviv region Hofshi-Yomi ticket.

There is no Hofshi-Yomi in Jerusalem, you might want to buy a package of a 10 city rides in a bus or 2 city rides when buying from a ticket machine in any tram station in Jerusalem.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,918 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

There is, as Amos says, no hofshi yomi in Jerusalem, but the Rav-Kav will save you money when you use transfers. One "ride" within Jerusalem is 90 minutes unlimited on city buses and the light rail.

9. Re: Where can I buy hofshi yomi” (daily unlimited) ticket ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:15