We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Tel Aviv

New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Tel Aviv

We arrive in Israel at 16:30 on a Thursday and need to get to Cinema Atlas Hotel in Tel Aviv. We do not want to deal with bus or train after flying from the U.S. Is there a shuttle from the hotel (I've emailed but have not heard back yet)? Taxi or sheroot? Can anyone estimate cost for me?

Thank you.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,315 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Tel Aviv

Hotels in Israel do not have shuttles to and from the airport. There is also no sherut from the airport to Tel Aviv. So, if you don't want a train- (smart idea) your only choice is a private taxi.

Assuming you are landing before 9PM and NOT on Saturday, Friday after 3 or a Jewish holiday the regulated rate from the airport to Tel aviv is 144NIS. There is an additional small fee of, I think 4.90 nIS per suitcase and another small amount for each person over 2. Go to the official taxi stand. DO NOT go with anyone who may approach you in the terminal. ( just like you wouldn't do that at JFK or EWR)

New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Tel Aviv

Thank you. It's been a while since I've visited. Are tips now expected?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,315 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Tel Aviv

NO, there is no need to tip a cab driver in Israel. It is not the custom. The most --if the bill ends in a 9, round it up, but you will find most drivers taking out the shekel to give you your change. Also, I never do--in fact, when I tried to give my regular driver 25NIS for carrying my luggage up 5 flights of stairs during a power outage--he absolutely, completely and totally refused to take it!

4. Re: Airport to Tel Aviv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 07:16