We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help!!!???

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
125 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help!!!???

Hi,

I am hoping to go to TLV the end of this month with some girl-friends. We are in our 30s and want to have fun, go out, eat and go to the beach.

We are looking at the Atlas hotels and are trying to decide between the ones on the beach: Shalom, Melody, Tal or the Center Chic in the Dizengoff area.

How are the beaches up by the Marina? Is there a scene or is the "place to be" further down? Because if I remember correctly there were more beach bars and restaurants further down, no?

The goal is to be well situated either for the beach and/or for nightlife... I know that there is the marina up there, but I remember the crowd being a little too young for my taste...

I hope you can help us!!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
350 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help!!!???

Of the 4 hotels you mention, the Tal is the closet to the sea, but is, in my opinion, the least desirable. The Melody and the Shalom are lovely, and directly opposite the Hilton Hotel which is Independence Park and right on the sea, so the Melody & Shalom are in fact also very close. The Center is a little further from the beaches.

As to the age of the "crowd", I think the Hilton Beach is your best bet. It is known to be the main gay beach, but it attracts the best of both worlds because it is so nice. It's hard to tell who is gay & who is straight there - adds to the fun.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help!!!???

I agree -- of the ones you list, the Melody and the Shalom and Relax are the best choices. Both are also near the Port area, with lots of restaurants, shopping, and fun in the evening.

Douglas Duckett

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help!!!???

Shalom and Relax would be my top pick of these. Regarding your 'ages'. The port does cater to all ages but don't miss out the Jaffa port and Neve Tzedek as well. It is walkable or just a short taxi ride away. Tel Aviv is a city for the young, I know my kids LOVE it, but I also love it and have never felt out of place. There are clubs that cater to the over 25's if you are planning on clubbing.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,620 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help!!!???

I also agree that Shalom is the best option for what you are looking for. Centrally located. Short distance from the port and from the main roads like Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff.

Chana

Israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help!!!???

Without doubt, the best of the bunch is the Shalom & Relax Hotel. In fact, it's actually my personal favorite hotel in Tel Aviv.

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
125 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Help!!!???

Really! OK

Because I love the Rothschild and Neve Tsedek area for restaurants and nightlife...

OK can I throw 1 more in the mix? The Art Plus... it is located on Ben Yehuda nearby the Carmel market... it is a 1-2 block walk to the beach and it is more in the middle... but if I remember correctly the area where the hotel is directly is a bit seedy if you will...

What are your thoughts??

Thank you so much for all your help!!

skydiva

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,397 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Help!!!???

I think the Art Plus would be fine. Another great hotel in a not-so-great neighborhood, but OK in my view, is the Savoy. It's one of my favorite hotels in Israel, another boutique choice.

Douglas Duckett

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,858 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please Help!!!???

Art Plus is not near the Carmel Market and the area is fine. It is very close to the beach and at the back of the "tourists strip", not far from Yotveta café. The hotel gets good reviews.

9. Re: Please Help!!!???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:17