We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided Tours

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Guided Tours

Can anyone suggest a decent company to book some tours with in Israel? I've looked at United tours Discover Israel...I'm still not sure who to go with.

Thanks in advance :D

philadelphia
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided Tours

I can highly recommend Shraga Joseph -- he has several tourguides that work for him - we used Dani Weiss and Kobi (forget last name) and both were great! We especially liked Dani, who got along with our teens and took us waaay off the tourist track in the Golan - to rock pools and hot springs and Arab villages for pita lunch. He can arrange anything you want - from complete guided private tours to airport pick ups. Contact Shraga by email at Shragalite@hotmail.com or his many phone: 054592-1933 or 052-2211933

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
985 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided Tours

Could you be more specific about what kind of tour you are interested in?

How many people will you be travelling with?

Do you want one-day tours on a bus?

Do you want a whole "package" bus tour for a week or two?

Do you want a private guide/driver?

Another vote for Shraga Ben Yosef if you want a guided tour with a private guide /driver. He arranged for 2 tours for me when I visited Israel in May. The guides were govt licensed, very well-informed, and very pleasant. We toured in comfortable air-conditioned 7-seater vans. There were 4 of us and the pre-arranged price was only slightly more than if the 4 of us had bought individual tickets on a bus tour. And it was much much nicer than a big bus tour. Shraga helped us plan our own itinerary for the day at a price that met our approval.

If you want one-day bus tours, I only know of United and Egged.

But perhaps there are others I am not familiar with.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided Tours

I can wholeheartedly recommend the company I used: Kenes International. Lisa Bricker, lbricker@kenes.com

I arranged external flights from Canada, but that is all: she arranged a complete tour for us: guided tour of Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Jaffa, Haifa, Dead Sea, Masada, Ayalon Institute, and even Petra (Jordan) from Eilat.

She called every day to make sure we were all Ok with the arrange,ments. Her guides were good. It was fantastic to not have do DO anything... you will not be sorry if yuo use this company and person.

Feel free to contact me personally if you need to know more: michael[at]mvw.net

We JUSt arrived home from Tel Aviv. I want to go back!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,632 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guided Tours

Welcome home, Michael. I'm glad to hear you had such a good trip.

Douglas Duckett

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guided Tours

Thanks so far....

I would like 1 day trip to Jerusalem and 1 day trip to Dead Sea. I'm not so bothered if the tour is with a group or private. Short tours, but I'm only there for 6 days :D

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guided Tours

In that case, you can also go direct to the tour guide who actually guided us: Jeff Abel. He will do this for you and drive you around to any destination - very flexible. Would be delighted to send you his detalis.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guided Tours

Jeff will not, I am sure, mind me giving you his email address:

telljabel[at]gmail.com

(Just replace the [at] with @, of course)

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guided Tours

..oh, and jeff's web site is at:

http://telljabel.googlepages.com/

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guided Tours

Jeff has a new web site:

http://www.tour-israel.biz/

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,052 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guided Tours

Michael, I am so glad you had a good trip. I was worried you might encounter dificulties when you came just after the ceasefire. Say hello to your family from us Israelis.