We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Time visit....Which area to stay?

Which Tel Aviv hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
997 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
1st Time visit....Which area to stay?

Shalom!

My husband and I will be in Tel Aviv for the first time at the end of March. We'd like to stay in an area with restaurants, shops, and areas to bike very close by. Is Rothschild Blvd the area we should be in? The beach isn't the biggest draw for us. Being able to walk to places right outside the door is something we love.

I've been looking at The Rothschild and Diaghilev. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Time visit....Which area to stay?

<<The beach isn't the biggest draw for us.>> That may be so, but just understand that National Geographic has rated Tel Aviv's beach as one of the nicest urban beaches in the world.

Rothschild Blvd is a great location. But so is the central beachfront.

I think you may be imagining Tel Aviv to be much larger than it really is. The entire city could nearly fit into one neighborhood of your hometown. Distances are tiny in Tel Aviv and you can bike from the beach to Rothschild Blvd. in just a few minutes.

Either area is fine.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 19:18
Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,460 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Time visit....Which area to stay?

There are two Rothschild hotels and both are very nice. This area is right in the center of everything Tel Aviv and is one of the first streets of the modern city.

Chana

Israel

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Time visit....Which area to stay?

Rothschild Blvd is a lovely area and close to many restaurants and cafes. You can rent bikes easily and . return them at your end point using the city bikes. The hotels on the beach form a "tourist strip" if this is what you want. The Rothschild Blvd gives more of "Tel Aviv spirit". It is also part of the Bauhaus area. It takes 20-25 minutes to walk to the beach.

Edited to add that a walk along the beach on the promenade in March is very pleasant.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 20:46
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
997 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Time visit....Which area to stay?

thank you for your replys. The more I'm reading about Tel Aviv, the more excited I'm getting. I do think we'll stay near Rothschild Blvd. I love to walk to restaurants and shops. There are so many interesting hotels from the reports. It is difficult to choose.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Time visit....Which area to stay?

The hotel at 96 Rothschild Blvd is in the best location. I read on their website that they offer parking too. This is rare but still it is not recommended to rent a car while in Tel Aviv.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
997 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st Time visit....Which area to stay?

Thanks, Shoshi! I just booked it.

7. Re: 1st Time visit....Which area to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 06:16