We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thankx to all

Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
thankx to all

I am just back from Jordan and thanks to all the advises received here, my trip was marvellous.

I have travelled alone, with my rucksack, during 10 days.

The 1st day, from Amman, I have visited Jerash and Aijun (I took the public bus:no problem !): 2 beautiful places.

The 2d day, I have hired a taxi and have been to the dead see, Mount Nebo, Metaba, Kerak and Petra. Unfortunaly, I had no time to go to Dana.

I have spent 3 nights and 2 days in Petra, visiting all the parts of this marvellous site; I have "climbed" almost 2500 steps, arriving very soon at 7h30, the perfect hour when there is nobody. I could go out the Sihk and discover the tresaury without anybody before me: alone, magical ! And I was at 9 at the Monastry, with only 1 or 2 other people.

With the bus, I transfered to Wadi Rum where the guide I had hired was waiting for me. I spent 3 nigts and 4 days in the desert, sleeping in a bedouin camp and hiking and climbing all the time. All was perfect: the landscapes, the meals cooked on the wood fire, the guide so welcoming and caring, the sunset, the stars in the sky, the temperature even at night (under my 2 blankets), the evenings with bedouin music (oud= sort of guitar) and songs. Even the break down of the 4x4 in the desert was excited, without any mobile network but thnks a solid solidarity between Bedouins...

The guide let me in Aqaba, where I stayed 2 nights and 1 day. Maybe the interesting part of my trip. But I rested on the beach: my knees were so painfull !

I took the bus from Aqaba to Amman, my last afternoon there, I visited the Nympheus, the Theater, the Citadel and made some shopping.

The revisited too the 2 little restaurants where I had eaten the first 2 days: very simple, few foreigners, delicious and a bill of 2 JD only.

You have unterstood: this trip was perfect. I wish you the same experience !

Al Balad – Downtown Amman
Flea & Street Markets, Neighbourhoods
Darat al Funun
Art Galleries, Theatres
City Mall
Shopping Malls
Souk Jara
Flea & Street Markets
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thankx to all

Little correction to the paragraph about Aqaba:

Maybe the less interesting part of my trip !

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thankx to all

A good report, showing how easy it is to travel independently and conveying how the trip actually felt.

South Africa
Level Contributor
473 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thankx to all

Thanks Edouard, particularly for the mention of starting off at Petra at 07h30.

I can't wait to be there in four weeks time!

~ Jen ~

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
13,106 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thankx to all

Ed -

Did you see any scorpions? I know you were concerned about them!

Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thankx to all

Hi !

No scorpions, no snakes, no mosquitos !

A paradise...

Level Contributor
79 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thankx to all

glad you had fun.

we are trying to buy our tickets now. Cant wait.

take care

7. Re: thankx to all

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 13:20