We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
810 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

Day 1-arrived pm, take taxi from airport to Mariam Hotel, madaba.

Day 2 - 4. Take a taxi or rent a car & driver (me no driving) to Petra, stay in Petra for 3 nights.

Day 5 - take taxi to Wadi Rum, plan to stay overnight in bedouin camp(protected area), they said they will pick me up in visitor center and bring me to their village.

Day 6 - going back to Amman by taxi from wadi rum visitor center.

- How much taxi fare for each ride/day to my destination?

- Where to hire a good driver & clean Taxi? or where to hire for a car & driver?

- What would be the recommendations for a day TIP?

- Would I be safe traveling as a solo female?

Thank you for any helps you contribute..

Aqaba
Level Contributor
508 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

Hi,

First of all, Jordan is safe to travel in for solo females.

About the taxi:

If you stay at Mariam Hotel you can use their taxi services at least for airport pick-up and to drive to Petra.

See their prices here if you haven't already:

http://www.mariamhotel.com/trips.html

I think they are reasonable and other travellers gave good reviews about the drivers.

From Petra there is a tourist bus service to Wadi Rum every morning, the price is 5 JD.

From Wadi Rum you can get to Aqaba in the morning by public minibus for 3 JD or by taxi for 20 JD.

And then from Aqaba to Amman you can take the big air-con bus operated by JETT several times a day.

Departures: daily at 7.00h, 9.00h, 11.00h, 14.00h, 16.00h, 18.00, 20.00h

The ticket is 7 JD and the station is next to the Mövenpick hotel.

There is also a flight in the evening from Aqaba to Amman at 18.30h. Ticket is around 20 JD + taxes.

Taxi from Aqaba downtown to airport: 5 JD.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
810 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

Esteh,

First, many thanks for your prompt response as well as your detail information about the transportation. I've checked Marian's website saw the organized trip the hotel has offered.

What a relief to know this and it seems to me I can follow directions and do this trip on my own w/less difficulty.

I can take buses to save $$ and if I missed I can always use taxi as my back up.

I appreciate all your efforts am glad I post my questions.

Aqaba
Level Contributor
508 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

You are welcome, Petfriendly! :-))

Do not hesitate to ask more questions there are so many helpful people around this Forum.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
810 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

JordanJubilee.com is very helpful, informative and encouraging to solo female traveler

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

just had 1 week in Jordan 7-13 December 08, we stayed at Mariam Hotel for 3 nights then 2 nights at Movenpick Petra Spa Resort (at the main entrance to Petra). We organised with Mariam Hotel to pick us up from airport - the driver was waiting and ready for us on arrival and price was as quoted 14JD. At the hotel we arranged for one of the drivers to take us to Jerash and Aljoun Castle on one day, then to Mt Nebo, DeadSea, Bethany on another day and then to Petra via Kings Highway on another - we used the same driver as we found him to be punctual, patient and a good driver, personally I would not suggest driving on your own you are not going to save any money and the sign posting to some places were very obscure. Petra was magnificent, we arranged for the same driver to pick us up from Petra 2 days later as we were not sure if arranging a taxi from Petra on a Friday afternoon was viable. He drove from madaba to Petra even tho he didnt have a fare down to Petra, he even invited us to his house for tea and coffee that evening before taking us to airport for a flight out in the early hours. If you want the drivers name just email me. PS hope you realise mariam Hotel is not in the centre of town - it is about an easy 10 minute walk and tho we felt safe walking back late at night I dont know I would have felt the same on my own as a female. Must go and eat at Haret Jdoudna Restaurant the best in town (not expensive) - never ate at mariam except for Breakfast (very basic). Feel free to message me if you want more info.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

The experience with the driver by Stella099 sounds similar to that of my partner and I. Would the driver have been Issa by any chance?

We also did the same two tours and had transfers by him from/to the airport and to the Dead Sea and Petra.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

No it was Abu Sameer but Issa also worked from the hotel - they have about 6 - 8 drivers I think, we just stuck to Abu Sameer cos he was recommended to us by someone else on TA. ps we did briefly meet Issa when Abu Sameeer introduced him to us once, I got the impression that maybe Issa was the boss. I just want to reiterate that they are taxi drivers with knowledge of their country but they are not guides like in a tour company.

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
810 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

With all the research and helps from TA forum, I finally bought my ticket to Amman and have my itinerary all ready & will stay in Jordan for 7 days. the trip will be in end of March, I hope to post my trip when I come back,

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
810 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

Many thanks again to all who shares their knowledge.

UAE
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Pls help me with my itinerary to Jordan-solo female traveler

Hi,

MY wife & I are going to Jordan this weekend for 2-3 days. I would like to have the contacts of this driver who took you around.... and the approx cost for your travels.

Thanks....

VV