We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to book ahead in April ?

Haddonfield, New...
Level Contributor
53 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Need to book ahead in April ?

Hi Jordan Lovers,

We are planning a week trip to Jordan from April 22nd.

Planning to stay in top-end hotels. Should we book ahead or can we just arrive at the reception and book a room ? We are travelling with a rented Car.

Thanks,

Alrik

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,240 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to book ahead in April ?

How do you normally travel? What would you do if you went all that way, went to your hotel, and found you can't get a room?

Book ahead and you'll have no worries.

Dr. Z

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to book ahead in April ?

Most definitely book ahead! You are travelling in the middle of the high season, and very likely a lot of them will already be booked up!

The top end hotels are always reserved in advance by agencies for their groups.

utica, ms.
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to book ahead in April ?

I would like to rent a car for two days in jordan, from Eilat area to go to Petra and back. Is that possible?

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to book ahead in April ?

New thread?? No you can't rent a car in Eilat to drive to Petra. Rental cars cannot be taken across a border, so you would have to rent one in Aqaba.

utica, ms.
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need to book ahead in April ?

Thanks for your reply. Is renting a car in Jordan(Aquaba) any different form in Israel. I've read so much about the difficutlies that are encountered in Jordan that I wonder if it's advisable. THanks

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,240 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need to book ahead in April ?

It would be hard for us to answer you if you don't tell us about the difficulties you read about.

I have driven in both countries and find no difficluties at all.

Keep in mind what Amariya already wrote. As a tourist, you can't take a care across the border.

P.S. If you want more answers to your question....start a new thread.

Dr. Z

7. Re: Need to book ahead in April ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 07:26