We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended duration for activities?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended duration for activities?

Hi Jordan Experts...

I am looking at a trip to Egypt later in the year and thinking of a Jordan extension . I'll ask my Egypt durations in the appropriate forum, but if I wanted to cover the activities listed below, I would love others to comment on the suitability of the activities for family (we'll be travelling as 2 adults and 2 kids - 9 & 11) and the appropriate duration for each activity.

Would also love to know if anyone also knows of a reputable and reasonably priced tour company that would do these activities one way from Aqaba to Amman (or even combine with an Egypt tour).

I have listed these in what I assume is the correct order of travel if coming from Cairo and finishing to Amman...

Snorkelling at Aqaba

Overnight stay at Bedouin Camp in Wadi Rum / Tour

Camel Ride (short probably with the kids)

Petra

Dead Sea

Amman sightseeing if time permitted before departure.

Thanks...

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Aqaba
Aqaba
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
Dead Sea
Dead Sea
733 Reviews
Jordan
Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended duration for activities?

Hi,

no can help,,, the with tour company.....

as for the list, of places to visit while in Jordan, they are in the correct order.

for Amman, do not expect much sightseeing,, there is the Citadel, the Roman theatre in down town Amman.

ciao

A99

Mentioned in this post
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Amman
Amman
Amman Governorate, Jordan
The Citadel
The Citadel
2,998 Reviews
Amman, Jordan
Long Island NY
Level Contributor
794 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended duration for activities?

I am assuming you are not going to Egypt anytime soon, but hopefully this will be of use someday. We did the same trip with 2 kids the same age about 6 months ago. I would allow 2 days for petra and consider adding a stop in Jerash, the ruins there were a big hit. We stayed at Hadrian Gate Hotel in 2 rooms that locked off to form a family suite. We were not happy with our tour company but did meet one along the way whose customers were happy. We spent an evening talking to him, nice guy. His card says Sabbah Al Sabbah info@taxi-services.org Consider staying in Madaba rather than Amman, the Black Iris has a family room.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Jerash
Jerash
Jerash Governorate, Jordan
Madaba
Madaba
Madaba Governorate, Jordan
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended duration for activities?

Thanks for the feedback guys - given the goings on in Egypt of late, we have removed it (and thus Jordan) from our itinerary this time around. Hopefully we'll get there one day.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
4. Re: Recommended duration for activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 12:18