We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa Question

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
212 posts
257 reviews
Save Topic
Visa Question

Hi,

I am a US citizen entering Jordan for 5 days. What is the cost of a visa?

Just to confirm: I can get the visa when I fly into Jordan and do not need to apply in advance, correct?

Thanks!

Manitou Springs...
Level Contributor
284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa Question

The cost of a visa is 20 JD, which is approximately $30. You get it easily when you arrive. You'll need to pay in Jordanian currency, but you can get it in the hall before you go through immigration. (I'm assuming that you'll arrive at the international airport outside of Amman. If you arrive by Aqaba, a free zone, there is no fee.)

Get ready for a wonderful trip. Jordan is terrific.

best, Tip

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
212 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa Question

Great! Thanks for your help :-)

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa Question

@smsmith

funny how the same question, was on another forum(s) correct?

Can I get a visa ?.... and not ,, I Can get the visa,,,,, this is something the immigration personal decide on (within the rules) ,,,, not you or even myself.

enjoy your 5 days in Jordan...

A99

england
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa Question

Word of warning - don't rely on the fact that you'll be able to withdrawn local currency from the ATM machine before immigration control as when we arrived the machine was out of order and none of the staff seemed particulalry bothered about this. Luckily another traveller in our group had money that he was able to exchange at the counter.

Also, the signs states that you can pay for the visa fee in local currecy or credit cards, but they only accept cash.

Pacifica, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa Question

Thank you for the information. We were originally planning on getting money when we arrive in Amman. Because of reading this, I ordered some JOD today from my bank.

england
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa Question

Good plan, I had also planned on withdrawing the money from the ATM at the airport. I do wonder what I would've done had I not been able to borrow the money from a feloow traveller as the airport staff seemed very disinterested in assisting anyone who reported the ATM as faulty.

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa Question

Be fair, they are not allowed to touch it, it's the bank's property. I always have cash in some currency in reserve when I travel, not necessarily dinars.

LAX
Level Contributor
237 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa Question

Do they ever ask for the form/photos that is provided online for the visas as last time, I believe I only had to pay the fee and my form was not required. U.S. passport holder. Thx

Bogor, Indonesia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa Question

Dears, I have several questions.

I plan to go to Jerusalem from Jordan.

1. As far as I read from the above question, we can get on arrival visa for 4 days when I arrive in Jordan, is it so ?

2. Can I go to Jerusalem by bus from Jordan (Amman) ? How many hours?

3. Can I get on arrival visa to enter Jerusalem for 5 days?

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa Question

Jordan issues VOA (visa on arrival) for non restricted countries,, so depending on your passport .

1. a VOA is valid for 30 days.

2. yes you can,,, but you will need to transfer at the King Hussein Bridge,,

3. you can enter the West Bank on your VOA,, but you must return via the KHB.

A99