We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Independent travel or Join a tour

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
234 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
Independent travel or Join a tour

Hello --

Seems like it's hard to explore Jordan using public transport. Would you guys suggest to join a tour? Or independent travel between towns and sights still possible to do?

Thank you!

Petra Nights Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Petra Nights Tours Jordan
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Classic Wadi Rum Tours - Private Day Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wadi Rum Nomads - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Independent travel or Join a tour

Hi,

It totally depend on your budget and how many days your in Jordan.

We did a tour with Desert Paramours in Oct, 2011. The good thing was it was just me and my husband, not with a group.

But, we had an amazing time with them, very nice and accommodating group of people.

Do let me know if you need more information.

Hope you find information helpful.

Thanks,

nj
Level Contributor
178 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Independent travel or Join a tour

We (4 adults) traveled around Jordan with a driver and at various sites used local guides. Our tour was booked with Jordan Direct (also known as Jordan Select). We were very happy with the whole set-up. You can read more about our tour in my post below://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293985-i2131-k4304269-Jordan_Tour_Guide-Jordan.html. I think it really depends upon how much you want to spend. I do think it would be entirely possible to rent a car and drive around yourself; the roads and signage are very good. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a private message.

Helsinki, Finland
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Finland, Helsinki
Level Contributor
8,033 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Independent travel or Join a tour

Not hard to do public transport in Jordan, and it saves a lot of money. Also, you get to move at your own pace and take your time if some place captures your imagination and you want to stay longer.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
234 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Independent travel or Join a tour

Thanks everyone for all the recommendations!!

5. Re: Independent travel or Join a tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2013, 10:25