We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

Hi,

I'm planning to go to Jordan and Jerusalem in the coming late Sep/early Oct. Can anyone give me some advice on below please?

1) I'm thinking if I should to fly to Jordan (Amman) or to Jerusalem (Tel Aviv). Is it better to entre Jordan from Jerusalem or the other way around? I'm thinking to do Jerusalem first and then Jordan. I might consider flying to one city and leaving from the other if it costs similar.

2) How many days do I need for Jerusalem? Is 4 days enough?

3) For Jordan, I want to visit Amman, Petra and Dead Sea, how many days do I need for each place? and anymore other suggestions?

4) Do I need to join local tour in both Jerusalem and Jordan? Is it easy or/and safe to travel around by my own?

Thanks!

Petra
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

Hi,

For the Jordan part of your questions: yes it's safe to travel around on your own, there's no need to join a tour group. If you would fly to Amman you will get a visa on arrival, with this visa you can exit Jordan via King Hussein Bridge (Allenby) near the Dead Sea to visit Jerusalem and you can re-enter Jordan via the same border on your original visa. If you fly to Tel Aviv and you want to take this border crossing you need to have a visa in advance, they don't issue them at this crossing. At the 2 other border crossings (Eilat in the south and Sheikh Hussein Bridge in the north) you can get a visa on arrival.

Petra is a big site so 2 days is definitely better than one, for the Dead Sea 1 day is enough in my opinion and for Amman it depends on what you want to do and see. And whether you want to see just the sites in Amman or some like Jerash and Ajloun a bit further north as well.

For your questions about Jerusalem you can post on the Israel forum to get answers.

Enjoy your time in Jordan !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

Thanks Patricia

How to get around within Amman, Petra and Dead Sea?

How to travel between Amman, Petra and Dead Sea?

Is it still hot in early Oct in Dead Sea? Is it warm enough to float?

Thanks.

Petra
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

In Amman you can take taxis to get around, make sure the meter works. If a driver says the meter doesn't work get out and take the next taxi. From Amman to the Dead Sea you will have to take a taxi as well. From Amman to Petra you can take the daily Jett bus, it leaves at 6.30 AM in Amman and arrives near the entrance of Petra around 10 AM. And yes it's still warm in October so perfect weather for a float in the Dead Sea.

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

lovs yoyo

welcome to Jordan

For solo independent travelers .

Stay at hotel or hostel in downtown Amman where you can meet like minded people .

Downtown Ammasn is the heart of all things to see and do in Amman

These establishments organise tours and day trips for their guests to share and split cost.

this is the most economical and logical way to travel.

You can do same in Jerusalem by staying at Abraham Hostels.com

cheers

here is a helpful link on the most trusted travel sites the tripadvisor.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g293986-Amman_Amman_G…

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

if i exit Jordan via King Hussein Bridge, can i re-entre jordan with my original visa via eilat?

Petra
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

You can only re-enter via King Hussein Brigde (if you left there as well) on your original visa. You can re-enter via Eilat, the visa you get there is free anyway. If you would re-enter via Sheikh Hussein Brigde in the North you will pay 20 JOD.

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

is it easy to get a taxi to travel between cities (Amman > Petra > Wadi Rum > Dead Sea > King Hussein Bridge)? do i need to book in advance?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

loves yoyo you can book in advance but not necessary

I t could be more economical to share trips/excursions offered by your hotels where you share cost.

cheers

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

is it warm enough to float in dead sea in Nov?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jordan + Jerusalem Itinerary Advice

Water temp.is still warmish low-mid twenties in Nov.

cheers