We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

multi entry visa Jordan

Lisbon
6 posts
Save Topic
multi entry visa Jordan

Hi,

Do you know if I can't get a multi entry visa for jordania at amman airport upon arrival? In portugal the embassy just can give a single entry visa...:(

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,256 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

welcome to Jordan

You can not get a multiple entry visa on arrival at Amman Airport.

you get a single entry visa valid for one month.

cheers

Raymond

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

The embassy CAN give you a multi entry, but they don't like taking the trouble because it is so very easy to get a single entry visa on arrival.

Why do you need a multi entry?

Petra
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

Hi,

No you can't get a multiple entry visa but if you would leave Jordan and then return later (King Hussein Brigde is an exception to this) you can just get a new visa when you re-enter, the procedure at airports and borders is very easy. I traveled with a friend this summer and when we returned to Jordan she had to buy a new entry visa and I didn't because I have a residence card so we were in different lines, well she was at baggage claim faster than I was. Have a great time in Jordan !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

Hi.

Am not the original post. But would like advice.

I will be travelling to Jordan. At the same time I thought I could take the king Hussein crossing to Jerusalem. I will be returning back to Amman in a few days after.

My question is whether I will need a another visa when am re entering on Jordan on top of the first visa.

Petra
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

Hi,

No, if you leave Jordan via the king Hussein Bridge and you return via the same border crossing you don't need a new visa, you can re-enter Jordan on your original visa which is valid for 30 days. If you would enter Jordan via Aqaba make sure you ask for a normal visa (20 JOD) and NOT the free Aseza visa because with this free visa you can't re-enter Jordan !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Lisbon
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

thank you!!!

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

Not the OP either, but I have a similar question (I've read several pages and posts):

I will be flying into AMM, then leaving from Aqaba (a few days later), then coming back in through Aqaba (2nd entry), then leaving for Jerusalem and coming back in again from Nazareth (3rd entry) possibly via the Sheikh Hussein bridge.

1. Should I get a multiple entry visa in the US for 97$?

2. Should/Could I get a multiple entry visa for 60 JD at AMM? At the port in Aqaba?

3. Should I just get a single entry visa each time?

4. Is it true that (as mentioned above) if I exit and re-enter via the same bridge to/from Israel, I won't need a new visa coming back into Jordan?

(Visas are for US and EU passports)

Thank you very much in advance!

Petra
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

Hi,

1. This is a hassle and sometimes Jordanian embassies tell you it's impossible because it's so easy to get a visa on arrival here.

2. No

3. Yes

4. Only at King Hussein / Allenby border Crossing. At the 2 others you need a new visa, if you re-enter via Aqaba your new one will be a free aseza visa.

Have a great time in Jordan !

Patricia (Petra B&B)

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

Thanks for your input!

The Jordanian embassy in Washington, DC seems to issue multiple entry visa quite easily, that's why I am considering it!

I guess my interpretation was that I would save some time (and hassle?) by having the visa already in my passport instead of having to get a new one each time (including finding some JD at the airport at 3am). Is that the case?

Thanks!

Petra
Level Contributor
3,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: multi entry visa Jordan

If it's easy to get one then it's probably worth it. If not then don't worry visa procedures are very easy and straightforward in Jordan with a US or EU passport. There's an ATM and an exchange office at the airport so even at 3 in the morning you won't have problems getting cash.

Patricia (Petra B&B)