We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jordan

minnesota
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Jordan

my wife and I are planning a trip to Jordan in the fall of 2014. With that being said we have two questions--is Jordan safe for American tourists (particularly during the middle east unsettled times) and is Jordan Select a reputable tour operator or can you recommend on that is reputable and good?

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
74 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jordan

Jordan is very safe for Americans and every culture. Do not be worried. You will be safer there than in certain parts of the US. You don't even need a tour guide if you don't want one. You will have a wonderful time there.

haysville,kansas
Level Contributor
325 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jordan

I'm an American female travelling solo to Jordan for the second time this October. I felt very safe there the first time 18 months ago, and I am sure I will again.

Ottawa, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem, Galilee, Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jordan

Jordon is an amazing place to visit and safe for tourists. Jordanians are friendly and helpful- more respectful to tourists than almost anywhere else I have traveled. You are asking how it will be in Jordan in 2014? In the Middle East, no one can predict what will happen a year from now but Jordan has been peaceful and stable for a long time. Plan your trip and enjoy.

4. Re: Jordan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 16:05
Edited: 24 July 2014, 16:05
5. Re: Jordan

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 12:19
6. Re: Jordan

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

7. Re: Jordan

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jordan

Hi,

I am sure you will find Jordan to be a safe and welcoming country wherever and whenever you go.

You can find many reviews about that here and elsewhere. If you have any specific questions you would like to address, would be glad to answer them.

Hope you have a wonderful trip to Jordan.

Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Jordan

Jordan is a very safe and friendly place. My wife is English and one of her closest friends is American. Yes we are surrounded by chaos but fortunately we are not caught up in anything here.

10. Re: Jordan

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 11:55