We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
139 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

We plan to enter Jordan (having left Taba and then Eilat) at Aqaba and then travel up to Wadi Rum and Petra. We then plan to go to Jerusalem from Petra (Allenby) and spend 10 days in Israel and then cross back to Amman for a few days (Allenby) and fly out of Jordan from Amman.

I am confused by conflicting information and have had trouble finding official statements on the following questions:

1.Is the free visa issued at Aqaba valid for one month or two weeks. I have read conflicting statements.

2, I found this statement:

"Arrivals at Aqaba, either through the port, the airport or at the crossing from Israel or Saudi Arabia, are granted a free visa to Jordan. There is no obligation associated with this visa, provided that they leave the country from the same border and within 1 month of arrival, and that they do not need to renew their visa."

visitjordan.com/visitjordan_cms/…Default.aspx

We are not leaving Jordan at Aqaba - rather at the international airport in Amman - so where the above statement says we must "leave the country from the same border", does that mean that we wont be able to get a free visa at Aqaba?

3. Do we need a mulitple entry visa for Jordan? I have read this:

"If you leave Jordan at the Allenby/King Hussein bridge crossing with Israel, then return while the visa is still valid you do not need to buy a new one. This is because West Bank is recognized by Jordan as a part of Jordan."

www.projectvisa.com/visainformation/Jordan

4.Will we have to pay two lots of exit taxes from Israel (because we exit Israel at Eilat and at Allenby)?

I would be grateful if anyone could point me to where I can find official information on these questions.

We are travelling with children so don't want to get this wrong!

Thank you for your help

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

Welcome to Jordan,

No need visa, your initial visa will be valid when you back via Sheikh Hussein Border

YES, visas can be purchased at the Sheikh Hussein bridge, but not at the Allenby Bridge (King Hussein Bridge).

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

Doha, Qatar
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

Thank you very much!

Rome, Italy
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

if i leave israel to enter jordan from eilat\aqaba and than exit jordan to enter israel after 5 days at Sheikh Hussein bridge:

a) will i pay around $ 25 israel exit tax and free of charge to reenter in israel?

b)can i get a free jordan visa at the border than let me exit after 5 days at Sheikh Hussein bridge border? or i have to get an another kind of visa?do i have to pay a exit tax from jordan at Sheikh Hussein bridge border?

thank you very much

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,897 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

post # 13

Enter jordn from Israel at Eilat you pay Israel exit tax about $ 25

you enter jordan visa free ASEZ.

exit jordan any port or border pay exit tax 10 jod

renter Israel at SHB free.

cheers

Raymond

amman Pasha Hote

Rome, Italy
4 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

thank you!!!

16. Re: Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 09:35
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

Hello Patricia,

May I ask you one question.

4 people will be entering Amman airport via turkish air from Istanbul at 4am Sunday and leave Amman Tuesday morning to Egypt, staying total 3 day (Sun, Mon, Tuesday)

I see my air flight charged Jordan Embarkation Tax (56 usd) and Jordan Passenger Terminal Use Fee(8.5 usd) .

When I enter Amman Airport, do I still have to pay for Visa and if then how much does it cost for my family 4people? Is there any way to save visa fee?

Thanks.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,897 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

it seems like Patricia left the forum and gone on holiday.

you pay for visa when you enter Jordan 40 jod each..No other charges.

You do not pay departure tax cos it is already included with you air lines ticket

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

19. Re: Jordan / Israel Visas and exit taxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2016, 06:16