We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

Hi,

I'm holding Hong Kong SAR passport. I'm planning to cross border from Jordan to Israel and return to Jordan within 14 days, via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge. Can anyone advise me on below questions please?

1) Can you confirm if visa is not required from both Jordan and Israel?

2) What time should I arrive to the border? For both departure and return. Do I need to arrive before border opens?

3) Is there any forms that I need to fill in in advance? And anything that I should be aware of?

Many thanks!!

CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

Hiya! According to the website below, you do not need to prearrange visas to Jordan for a visit/stay of up to 14 days. …www.gov.hk/en/…visafreeaccess.htm

You do not need to arrive at the King Hussein/Allenby Bridge border before it opens, however get to the border as early as you can. Also, no forms are required prior to arriving at the border.

Take care und have a wonderful visit. Cheers!

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

Hi, you should get a 30 day visa and not 14 days.

for opening times, see; www.visitjordan.com/default.aspx?tabid=105

ciao

A99

CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

I believe that the above link to the Hong Kong government website is official, but please ring the appropriate consulate/embassy to clarify if the visa is for 14 days or for 30 days - und to clarify that you do not have to preaarange the visa if you are flying into Jordan. Cheers!

San Francisco...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

I don't know about your passport. You should check with the Jordanian Consulate service before you leave as I understand you must already have a visa before you arrive if you're a US citizen or Canadian. Once you get off the Egged bus that lets you off near the border crossing, there are taxis to take you across the 1 km no man's land (cannot walk -- not allowed) to the building where you pay your departure tax and passport control. The driver wanted 150 shekels for me and another couple but we bargained it down to 100 shekels. Anyway, the departure tax from Israel is 188 shekels not 140 or less than a 100 as someone previously mentioned. I didn't change enough so I had to pay the difference by credit card. There is a place to change money on the Israeli side. Once you clear passport control on the Israeli side, you exit and wait for the JETT bus to take you over to the Jordanian side. Midway at a checkpoint, a guard comes on and checks everyone's passport, then hands them to the bus driver. The bus driver takes all the passports and hands them over to passport control. Meanwhile, a young boy comes into the bus and asks how many luggage I have. I say "one" and he says 3 dinars please. We then go over to the passport control and collect our respective passports. There is no bus to Abdaili so we shared a taxi with the same couple for 10 dinars each to Amman. I only did it one way so I don't know how it works in the reverse.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

just wanted to share my experiencing crossing Allenby/King Hussein with a HKSAR passport. i was not quite sure whether i would get denied at the border since timatic says "Visa required, except for Holders of Hong Kong (SAR China) passports can obtain a visa on arrival for a max. stay of 30 days. Free of charge. Extension possible." i was confused whether it was a "free" visa on arrival (note: allenby doesn't give VOA) or actually visa free. i ended up taking a gamble and turns out it was no problem. just note that you don't get an entry stamp so when i exited from amman airport, they asked me where i entered from and i told them allenby. the immigration officer said ok and stamped me out. also, ignore what everyone tells you along the way saying that you need a visa and just keep pressing forward. they'll warn you that you'll be turned back once you get to jordan but you'll be fine.

6. Re: Border crossing via Allenby/King Hussein Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 06:17