We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recent political events with Israel- travel impact?

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
244 reviews
Save Topic
recent political events with Israel- travel impact?

I have read about the recent political problems between Jordan & Israel.

What are the possibilities this could close the border between the 2 countries? Has that happened before? Would that be usual?

We are planning on flying into Israel & home from Jordan but am wondering if I should just book RT into Israel. Travel dates are May 15- May 26.

Advice please

Thanks everyone

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recent political events with Israel- travel impact?

Don't be intimidated by the news, nothing is going on up on the ground of reality here. Border crossings always stay open as usual.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recent political events with Israel- travel impact?

I'll second Amos on that...

the only time the border is closed,, two days a year for religious holidays (muslim and jewish)

ciao

A99

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recent political events with Israel- travel impact?

great! Thanks for your reply. We really want to include Jordan in on our trip so am happy to hear the border rarely closes.

4. Re: recent political events with Israel- travel impact?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 05:20