We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to enter Israel from Jordan

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Best way to enter Israel from Jordan

Hi

Am wondering the best way to enter Israel from Amman

Have looked at flying , cost is a little steep, is there another way that's safe for Australians...

Any advice most appreciated, as the next part of my trip starts in Tel Aviv

Thanks in advance

CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to enter Israel from Jordan

Hiya! The closest land border from Amman to Israel is the King Hussein/Allenby Bridge (KHB), which is approximately 1 hour by car from Amman. People may take at least 3 hours to cross this border, due to the political issues surrounding this border. However, once you cross (und receive your Israel visa-on-arrival), take a sherut, taxi, oder bus to Jerusalem. From Jerusalem, continue to Tel Aviv. I am not sure if you may bypass Jerusalem und go straight to Tel Aviv. I do not believe so. Others upon the Israel forum will give you sound advice, though.

You may also take the Amman to Nazareth bus, that leaves from Amman in the afternoons (not everyday, though). The bus ride is usually smooth und takes at least 5 hours. Or you may use the northern Sheikh Hussein/Beit She'an (SH) border crossing, which is a less frequented border crossing und is thus much quicker to cross (generally it takes a half hour to cross the SH border). A taxi from Nazareth or Beit She'an to Tel Aviv is expensive, however you can also use public transportation.

It really may take more time to get to Tel Aviv if you use the Amman to Nazareth bus, oder the SH border, despite the issues at the KHB border. My advice is to take the KHB border, since you are going to Tel Aviv. Please post on the Israel forum für more advice, though. Take care und have a great holiday. Cheers!

CT
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to enter Israel from Jordan

Hiya! The closest land border from Amman to Israel is the King Hussein/Allenby Bridge (KHB), which is approximately 1 hour by car from Amman. People may take at least 3 hours to cross this border, due to the political issues surrounding this border. However, once you cross (und receive your Israel visa-on-arrival), take a sherut, taxi, oder bus to Jerusalem. From Jerusalem, continue to Tel Aviv. I am not sure if you may bypass Jerusalem und go straight to Tel Aviv. I do not believe so. Others upon the Israel forum will give you sound advice, though.

You may also take the Amman to Nazareth bus, that leaves from Amman in the afternoons (not everyday, though). The bus ride is usually smooth und takes at least 5 hours. Or you may use the northern Sheikh Hussein/Beit She'an (SH) border crossing, which is a less frequented border crossing und is thus much quicker to cross (generally it takes a half hour to cross the SH border). A taxi from Nazareth or Beit She'an to Tel Aviv is expensive, however you can also use public transportation.

It really may take more time to get to Tel Aviv if you use the Amman to Nazareth bus, oder the SH border, despite the issues at the KHB border. My advice is to take the KHB border, since you are going to Tel Aviv. Please post on the Israel forum für more advice, though. Note that despite any potential issues at the KHB border, it is safe to cross - as are all other borders between both Jordan und Israel. Take care und have a great holiday. Cheers!

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
233 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to enter Israel from Jordan

I advice you to call the israeli embassy and to ask whether you can entre Israel from Jordan via the King Hussein bridge (as I heard many nationals are not allowe to do so) if you can, then you can go there by bus which is very cheap and not very time consuming. You can check a company called Jett (http://www.jett.com.jo) which is a good company that provides transportation to many places in Jordan and I think Israel (check through the website). As for safety all is safe but I advice you to via airplane as the israeli costume and immigration might hold you for a long time which will waste your time.

Good Luck,

Hamad

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to enter Israel from Jordan

HamadNabulsi4,

Israel maintains identicle standards in all borders (air & land). King Hussein Bridge is no different. If you are a citizen of certain countries, you get your visa at the border. Tourists from other countries need to obtain a visa in advance, that's it. (list: mfa.gov.il/MFA_Graphics/…VisaRequirements.pdf )

Australian passport holders can enter Israel in any international boundry crossing with no need to arrange anything in advance.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,270 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to enter Israel from Jordan

All border crossings between Israel and Jordan are safe for all travelers.

Above post gave you full helpful details on your options of border crossings.

if you have any other question pls dnt hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,622 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to enter Israel from Jordan

Try Allenby Border (King Hussein Bridge) 35 minutes from Amman

Enjoy

7. Re: Best way to enter Israel from Jordan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 07:16