We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

England
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

I wonder what current prices for the following would be and where to find a good driver (especially when arriving at the airport shall I prebook or just take any taxi at the airport).

Amman Airport - Downtown Amman (and downtown to airport)

Madaba to Petra

Petra to Wadi Rum

Wadi Rum to Downtown Amman

Also two day trips - Jerash and Umm Qais from Amman, and Madaba / Dead Sea / Mt Nebo from Amman and staying the night in Madaba. For these day trips is it better to hire a driver for the whole day, or just take individual taxis to and from the places I want to see.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,848 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

What every you do NOT take taxi from street.

book care you good hotel be safe and sure.You might pay a bit more but that gives you total peace of mind.

airport to hotel in Amman 25 jod back to airport 20jod

You hotel can arrange for shared tours and day trips where cost is divided by four people and as it says the more the merrier.

price per private car

Madaba to Petra 80

Petra ti WR 40 jod

WR to Amman 110 jod

Day trip jerash,ajlon umqais 80 jod

Madaba,Dead Sea and Nebo 60 jod

cheers

raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Petra - Wadi Musa...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

Welcome to Jordan

It is much better to book a car with English speaking driver in advance through one of local travel agencies

Amman Airport - Downtown Amman (and downtown to airport): 20JOD each way

Madaba to Petra: 75JOD. Also you can visit: Wadi Al Mujib, Kerak, Dana, and Shobak Castle on your way to Petra

Petra to Wadi Rum: 35JOD

Wadi Rum to Downtown Amman: 105JOD

Jerash and Umm Qais from Amman: 70JOD

Madaba, Dead Sea, Mt Nebo from Amman: 60JOD

And it is better to hire a driver for the whole day

Enjoy

Jordan Beauty Tours

3. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 21:35
Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
287 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

Greetings from Amman !!

Like any where else in the world, Most hotels offer tours/Transfers.

You can also book through travel agencies around the country.

Probably booking a transfer from each place is better.

Have a good one,

Mohannad Ali

Arab Tower Hotel

5. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 06:05
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

Hi,

Where should I book taxi at the airport going to Amman?

Thanks.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,848 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

you can get airport taxi when you arrive just outside terminal .you pay 22 jod but often get cheated for more.there are many devious methods drivers use for ripping off visitors..Some try and tell you your hotel has been closed for renovations so can he take you to another hotel of his choice .BEWARE this is a very common method of cheating.

It is better to get your good hotel to arrange for airport pick up for a few jods more.

most hotels charge 25 jod per cab,

if you hvae any other question pls dnt hesitate to ask

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
151 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

Thanks Raymond.

So it is reliable to ask my hotel to book taxi for every journey, right?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,848 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

Absolutely You have total peace of mind.that is what you need when traveling in a foreign country.Try compare prices with other hotels before you commit your self.

cheers

Raymond

Amman Pasha Hotel

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Prices for various trips and where to find a driver

Just returned from Jordan visit. I contacted both private drivers and travel agencies ahead of time to get prices for private car/driver and found that agencies cost more. I then eliminated some private drivers based on their business practices (extra costs for stops or slight detours, limited English, attitude etc).

We ended up with an excellent English-speaking driver (Omran Brkawi), who was genuinely hospitable and reasonably priced (he has references on LinkedIn, as well as a FB page with positive comments from many customers). Our itinerary was organized before arrival (including airport pickup and drop off), but sometimes he took us slightly off course to show us something unusual/interesting. His services were punctual/reliable and the whole trip was completely hassle-free -- his generosity included taking us out to a wonderful local restaurant on the last day (he paid for it!). After many years of independent travel, I can honestly say he helped make our trip a wonderful experience, which is why I would highly recommend his driving services.